Page 17 of 287 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I bet you can get some good deals on lap dances right about now.

2 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in Winston Salem

is either of them manning

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    So when does the looting begin?
    Hell, why wait? Get started early.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I bet you can get some good deals on lap dances right about now.
    I called your mom. Serous bear market.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    is either of them manning
    They’re actually both Manning

Banhammer'd
    At least we don't have monkey gangs yet:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/12/monkey...slows-tourism/

Store was completely out of tp, ground beef and bananas. Everything else was good. I bought a lot of food and booze but am freezing some and I figure I’m just saving myself some future trips.

I disagree with you
    bananas: the one fruit that's sure to go the distance in the apocalypse

I just went over to a buddy’s to sit on the deck to have a beverage, and one of my other friend’s was there with a “sinus infection” he’d had a couple of days and everyone was doing all the things they tell you not to do. Maybe I’ll hold off visiting my mom in Winston this weekend. The Modelo-virus jokes were flying, snot was being wiped, faces/eyes being rubbed, talking being talked very closely and wetly, hugs being hugged. I stayed for a bit and then bailed and came home and showered. I don’t want to be paranoid but that was a little too much and I started to feel weird pretty quick. I should have known better and peaced out earlier.
    Runs with deer.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I just went over to a buddy’s to sit on the deck to have a beverage, and one of my other friend’s was there with a “sinus infection” he’d had a couple of days and everyone was doing all the things they tell you not to do. Maybe I’ll hold off visiting my mom in Winston this weekend. The Modelo-virus jokes were flying, snot was being wiped, faces/eyes being rubbed, talking being talked very closely and wetly, hugs being hugged. I stayed for a bit and then bailed and came home and showered. I don’t want to be paranoid but that was a little too much and I started to feel weird pretty quick. I should have known better and peaced out earlier.
    This virus is heaven for introverts, bro. Don't take shame in it, bb.

Disney World now closing

Are we sure our bandwidth infrastructure can hold up to the huge amount of meetings that are now happening online?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

No. Which means needless meetings will be getting cancelled.

PGA Tour cancelling events. Of any sport, you’d think they could weather this. Minimal contact. Playing without patrons could improve the game.

Disney was like Plan E for Spring Break after a cancelled conference, driving to Miami and NC to see elderly parents, and taking the kids to Universal. Pretty sure we are just doing some outdoors trips and hanging out with friends who aren’t sick.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 03-12-2020 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

PGA Tour cancelling events. Of any sport, you’d think they could weather this. Minimal contact. Playing without patrons could improve the game.

Disney was like Plan E for Spring Break after a cancelled conference, driving to Miami and NC to see elderly parents, and taking the kids to Universal. Pretty sure we are just doing some outdoors trips and hanging out with friends who aren’t sick.
    The players and caddies don't want to deal with air travel and hotels right now.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

What are ESPN and the other sports channels going to show over the next few weeks? No sports to show or to talk about. Obviously that is low on the totem pole of important things right now, but it could be more than a month before the sports channels have something on that I want to see/hear.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post

Most other professors I know are doing office hours and class meetings by Zoom. No one comes to office hours, so I'm expecting to be advised to cut those back for the sake of the servers.

We now have local restaurants removing seating to enforce social distancing. I assume the bars are going to close outright pretty soon, starting with the ones open till 2 am for the college kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    The players and caddies don't want to deal with air travel and hotels right now.
    Why cancel this weekends tourney though?