• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

ke0cgt5q_1i4n57u_1cjo5ur.png

I could do such good work writing for Trump during another mafia game.

Haha fell for a fake tweet?? There's nothing dumb enough for me not to believe he said it.

I did. In my defense though you know he spells that wrong in real life.

ND & Michigan State have both pivoted from their original plans. MSU asks students to not come to campus as classes haven't started yet & have been shifted to online. ND swtiches from in person to online after 146 students + 1 staff member have tested positive. They'll go two weeks online & reassess.

How is Europe doing? Largely contained? Are people going back to work, etc.? It seems like there is just no end in sight here.

ND & Michigan State have both pivoted from their original plans. MSU asks students to not come to campus as classes haven't started yet & have been shifted to online. ND swtiches from in person to online after 146 students + 1 staff member have tested positive. They'll go two weeks online & reassess.

So just over 1% of students after a quick Google search shows ~12,500 enrollment at ND between undergrad and grad. Makes sense to shut it all down. Not.

Yes because that 1% is likely to be static and not grow exponentially. And surely represents all the positive cases.

How is Europe doing? Largely contained? Are people going back to work, etc.? It seems like there is just no end in sight here.

It varies quite a bit by country. They were hit quite hard in the beginning which accounts for most of the deaths. Almost all the countries who used lockdowns reduced their numbers substantially. Unfortunately they didn't mandate masks following the lockdown so as they've opened businesses, bars, nightclubs and as tourism has opened up across Europe the numbers are on their way back up. Most countries are now revisiting their travel restrictions and starting to require masks in public. Schools are opening in the next few weeks in most places. At this point they seem to be trying to stay below a critical threshold but maintain the economy. I wouldn't be surprised if full lockdowns are required again though.

Im so tired of people bitching and complaining about things that aren't happening now while throwing in the caveats that its not that bad or its only young people etc... This clearly indicates either you were one of those people that has brushed the whole thing off from the beginning or you are tired of not being able to live your life and directing your energy in the wrong direction while beginning to brush the whole thing off. The very reason why we can't have the things we want to happen now, like sports and school is because of people in those groups. Just selfish irresponsible people that have no concept of communicable disease spread and the impact it can have on others, such as I don't know death. Seems that if you knew you or your actions were directly responsible for peoples deaths you might bitch less, then again my freedom!!!

Im so tired of people bitching and complaining about things that aren't happening now while throwing in the caveats that its not that bad or its only young people etc... This clearly indicates either you were one of those people that has brushed the whole thing off from the beginning or you are tired of not being able to live your life and directing your energy in the wrong direction while beginning to brush the whole thing off. The very reason why we can't have the things we want to happen now, like sports and school is because of people in those groups. Just selfish irresponsible people that have no concept of communicable disease spread and the impact it can have on others, such as I don't know death. Seems that if you knew you or your actions were directly responsible for peoples deaths you might bitch less, then again my freedom!!!

These people don’t care until the leopard eats THEIR face. Caring about others is too abstract for many, as it turns out. Now that it’s affecting college football and school a lot of these folks are taking notice so surely they’ll demand the national response we needed 5 months ago right?

Wrong, they whine at the adults making the hard decisions. Which will push off a return to normal life even further.

These people don’t care until the leopard eats THEIR face. Caring about others is too abstract for many, as it turns out. Now that it’s affecting college football and school a lot of these folks are taking notice so surely they’ll demand the national response we needed 5 months ago right?

Wrong, they whine at the adults making the hard decisions. Which will push off a return to normal life even further.

Most people I know are wearing masks where appropriate and not going clubbing with randos. Stay home if you're not comfortable with what is being reported.

The finger pointing doesn't really solve anything. It doesn't change the fact that my daughter's 55 year old Kindergarten teacher has no fucking clue how to run a virtual classroom; let alone do something as send out a group video invite.

We've really lost the ability as a country to carve out points of failure. We've moved to a model that requires so much overhead that it's just not possible to efficiently react to something as cataclysmic as this pandemic.

Back