• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I'm trying to think of a worse crisis for Trump to manage and I can't think of one. You can lie about why you fake wars, everyone does it. But you can't just lie all the time during public health emergencies and encourage gatherings.

Palma: you can’t just lie all the time during public health emergencies

Trump: hold my beer

Well, at least all it took was a global pandemic for plama to realize trump is unfit

Burning the government down is all fun and games until people start dropping dead

Are we sure our bandwidth infrastructure can hold up to the huge amount of meetings that are now happening online?

My wife works for a pretty large company and have offered work from home options as much as they can (she already is full time telecommuter). Their infrastructure apparently was not ready. They were experiencing 3 plus hour delays in getting outside email yesterday.

I'm trying to think of a worse crisis for Trump to manage and I can't think of one. You can lie about why you fake wars, everyone does it. But you can't just lie all the time during public health emergencies and encourage gatherings.

This is the non-political thread Palma. Come on man have you no decency?!

Donald Trump’s legacy was always going to be terrible, but this event may raise him to the status among the most evil to lead a nation in modern history

Kevin Love has pledged $100,000 to help pay arena workers for missed wages. This is a nice gesture. Too bad his owner is a cheap bastard.

Why haven't all NBA owners done what Cuban is doing?

My kids school district is closing down for 3 weeks, effective Monday. As a dual-career family with toddlers and no immediate family in the area this is going to make life interesting.

Donald Trump’s legacy was always going to be terrible, but this event may raise him to the status among the most evil to lead a nation in modern history

Again, not the politics thread.

If you mean to lead any nation, I think you are sorely mistaken, regardless of how bad Trump is. If you are just referring to the US, I think Dick Cheney was potentially more evil, but he was also much more capable. Trump is not smart enough to be truly evil... he's just incredibly selfish and conceited.

Winston-Salem/Forsyth County schools have canceled all large group gatherings - proms, concerts, theater plays, etc. for the foreseeable future. Likely means seniors will graduate with no ceremony. The generally feeling is also that we will be closed beginning Monday and shift to online learning. Some schools have told teachers to take everything with them today that they need to continue teaching.

What are ESPN and the other sports channels going to show over the next few weeks? No sports to show or to talk about. Obviously that is low on the totem pole of important things right now, but it could be more than a month before the sports channels have something on that I want to see/hear.

Same with the local sports networks. ESPN has a vault of archived games they can unlock, plus 30 for 30s, etc. I'm not sure the local affiliates can say the same thing.

Back