• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

LOL, didn't you start a "F You John Currie" thread?

Yes, which was well-warranted at the time and added to the pressure that ultimately compelled Currie to can Manning and hire Forbes. That thread was the greatest contribution that this Board has made to real-world Wake athletics. Basically the exact opposite of your years of fellating Wellman.

Hey, hey, hey, guys. Let's all just focus on the topic at hand. Fuck you, Turftoe!!!!!!!!!

Yes, which was well-warranted at the time and added to the pressure that ultimately compelled Currie to can Manning and hire Forbes. That thread was the greatest contribution that this Board has made to real-world Wake athletics. Basically the exact opposite of your years of fellating Wellman.

this sense of self, man

I wish I had it

I have yet to get my pre-COVID energy back and I'm triggered about it. Can't hardly get outta bed in the mornings, Can't drink more than a few drinks at once without feeling dead inside and now anytime I try to toke one I hack up a lung, non-politically speaking.

Sooooo... your resiliency is gone?

Seriously though. This sucks hope you get better. Long haulers sound awful.

What are your qualifications to make that post? Don’t know what you do looking to be surprised.

I am a hospital based physical therapist. In rehab research, N=32 is a pretty decent sized study. In a study looking at the effect of a medicine, it’s pretty small. And as people have said, the bar for a vaccine should be even higher than normal, because it goes is distributed to a healthy population.

The first analysis was to occur after 32 volunteers — both those who received the vaccine and those on placebo — had contracted Covid-19. If fewer than six volunteers in the group who received the vaccine had developed Covid-19, the companies would make an announcement that the vaccine appeared to be effective. The study would continue until at least 164 cases of Covid-19 — individuals with at least one symptom and a positive test result — had been reported.

44,000 in the study (up from the initial 30,000)... 32 wasn't supposed to be the final analysis, just a point where they felt comfortable getting an indication of if this thing had a chance of being successful.

At n=94, the efficacy may come down a bit from 90%+ when it's all said and done, but there is no doubt that it works.

Biden won the election based on millions of mail in ballots sent in weeks before the election date. The people who handed Biden his victory made up their minds months or years ago and a vaccine being produced by a private company that was not involved with "operation warp speed" was not going to change their minds. Withholding information that could have been released 5 days before election day until 5 days after election day, would have had little to no impact.

The two biggest problems with this vaccine are going to be cold storage, and confidence. My wife, who is a veterinarian and give vaccines to patients every single day, said "Well that good news, but I will not be the first person in line to get the injection." Expressing her skepticism at how fast the vaccine was developed. Waiting to get a larger sample of definite exposures, is a good idea for building confidence in the vaccine.

44,000 in the study (up from the initial 30,000)... 32 wasn't supposed to be the final analysis, just a point where they felt comfortable getting an indication of if this thing had a chance of being successful.

At n=94, the efficacy may come down a bit from 90%+ when it's all said and done, but there is no doubt that it works.

Yeah, I have no doubt that the analysis at 32 cases was useful internally. I'd just be careful of releasing the numbers publicly at that point due to the poor scientific/statistical literacy of much of the press and the public.

Lets get this out of the way now to get ahead of anti-vaccine folks. Someone that takes the vaccine will have a severe adverse reaction. Someone that takes the vaccine will end up dying. A simple numbers game. So when the alarmist media, social media, and the other dumbasses roll out all the shit associated with those events you will know they were inevitable.

Lets get this out of the way now to get ahead of anti-vaccine folks. Someone that takes the vaccine will have a severe adverse reaction. Someone that takes the vaccine will end up dying. A simple numbers game. So when the alarmist media, social media, and the other dumbasses roll out all the shit associated with those events you will know they were inevitable.

It is what it is.

So, how many on going adjustments are there to a vaccine after it is released. Are shots 6 months or a year after the first release any safer? Most of us will be tier two or three as far as priority for getting the vaccine so it will be many months before we're eligible, but I am guessing that they aren't really adjusting the formula in first year or so after it's rolled out, right? Probably a greater urgency is on production and distribution than on continued research and tweaking the formula. Unless lots of people are having extreme reactions in which case I'd guess they would pull the vaccine, not just tweak the parameters.

140,000 new cases! Go America! Rounding the corner!

We are in so much trouble. Hospitals and ICUs are filling up, and the cases continue to climb. Do everything you can not to spread this. If you have any of the symptoms, avoid others completely. If you have a known exposure, quarantine for 14 days. Wear masks during any contact with people that are not in your household. Don't eat inside restaurants and don't exercise inside gyms.

We are in so much trouble. Hospitals and ICUs are filling up, and the cases continue to climb. Do everything you can not to spread this. If you have any of the symptoms, avoid others completely. If you have a known exposure, quarantine for 14 days. Wear masks during any contact with people that are not in your household. Don't eat inside restaurants and don't exercise inside gyms.

Oops. I just spent at hour at the Y (not the one between your mom's legs), and followed it up crushing some dine-in Arby's.

Oops. I just spent at hour at the Y (not the one between your mom's legs), and followed it up crushing some dine-in Arby's.

Yeah, bad moves. Get that roast beef (not the one between... ah forget it) to go.

We are running an auxiliary morgue.

If you get COVID, do everything you can to prevent spread to others.

Back