Page 20 of 287 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 5727

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    we'll all have a new appreciation for homeschoolers in a few weeks
    Homeschoolers will still be exposed to the virus while at work, unless Chick fil a closes.

  2. #382
    most servers pay payroll tax on their tips up to a certain threshold i think.

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    Best part of the entire thing is the private sector showing what is arbitrary and what isnít about their service limits. Data caps atop the list.
    perhaps a positive result of the crisis is a new public imagination around what is feasible

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    most servers pay payroll tax on their tips up to a certain threshold i think.
    Not gonna be a helpful short term fix though. Yes service workers will be fucked

  5. #385
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDiggler View Post
    we'll all have a new appreciation for homeschoolers in a few weeks
    My MAGA lady homeschool neighbor volunteered to home school my kids if the school district closes.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    My MAGA lady homeschool neighbor volunteered to home school my kids if the school district closes.
    Please turn this into a web series that other people can watch.

  7. #387
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    Quote Originally Posted by deactherunner View Post
    I assume most servers and other tipped professionals would get hurt by this and not benefit from the payroll tax holiday. Does that change tipping protocol? I feel like, as someone who would benefit, that I should be tipping much more.
    It used to be that servers were taxed 8% of their total revenue. Theoretically, they were supposed to report any tips over 8% and pay taxes on them.

  8. #388
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    It has to be asked- what did Jeff Bezos have to do with this outbreak?

  9. #389
    Do you get paid per ďjokeĒ or what?

  10. #390
    fuck donald trump (not meant to be political)

  11. #391
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    120,528
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    Please turn this into a web series that other people can watch.
    LOL. I politely declined. Play dates will be fine. My wife and I won't be going in to work for two weeks anyway.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoneydeac View Post
    fuck donald trump (not meant to be political)
    so meant to be sexual?

  13. #393
    The thing I donít get about the payroll tax holiday is that if youíre an hourly worker and donít get any hours or get temporarily laid off then it really doesnít matter at all. Will benefit people like me I guess who are going to get a paycheck no matter what but seems like it would have limited impact to the folks who really need it.

  14. #394
    I'm WFH next week, but told to expect to come back the following week (one on one off). That seems... unwise? Company of ~700 people.

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    The thing I donít get about the payroll tax holiday is that if youíre an hourly worker and donít get any hours or get temporarily laid off then it really doesnít matter at all. Will benefit people like me I guess who are going to get a paycheck no matter what but seems like it would have limited impact to the folks who really need it.
    Yeah, it's dumb. Send everyone a check instead.

  16. #396
    non-politically, of course, fuck everyone here who voted for Trump

  17. #397
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,765
    You guys are not being very considerate of our sensitive boomers.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    non-politically, of course, fuck everyone here who voted for Trump
    i agree in a non-political way

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    You guys are not being very considerate of our sensitive boomers.
    fucking snowflakes

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    You guys are not being very considerate of our sensitive boomers.
    Awwww
    Poor babies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •