• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I just got an email from The Roasting Company to tell me that they clean the tables and wash their hands regularly.

And Panera Bread.

And the golf course.

Last edited:
I just got an email from The Roasting Company to tell me that they clean the tables and wash their hands regularly.

And Panera Bread.

And the golf course.

Shit. You’ve already got it.

Until July? That's a bit much. Why not month by month and evaluate?

We aren’t going to cancel until May. Thankfully I passed up a conference in Montreal for the cruise so I could do that for a nice family trip.

The thing I don’t get about the payroll tax holiday is that if you’re an hourly worker and don’t get any hours or get temporarily laid off then it really doesn’t matter at all. Will benefit people like me I guess who are going to get a paycheck no matter what but seems like it would have limited impact to the folks who really need it.

The payroll tax is also a huge boon to the employer, as for every dollar you save, your employer saves an equal amount. When a business has 50 employees, it's a ton of money.

The amount of payroll taxes for white collar people is equal to roughly the cost of paying 100% of healthcare premiums.

Mods are also considering invoking emergency powers.

the most interesting theory I have read recently on why northern Italy has become the center for coronavirus infections in Europe concerns the unusually high levels of air pollution in that area, and the persistent exposure to it over a long period of time weakens one's lungs, making one more susceptible to the virus

Good thing our government has been protecting our clean air and water! We should be in much better shape!

Great. I paid off my student loans 2 months ago, and now they cancel all interest on it

Back