• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Thanks all for your supportive comments and messages. So far she is asymptomatic, but we decided to have her tested because 3 kids in the 8th grade at her school turned up positive last week. It's been 7 days since her last possible exposure so she will probably weather this just fine at this point...but now I am reviewing every little thing in my head worried that maybe I have it too...I coughed a few time yesterday morning, or my back has been sore in the last week, or I went for a jog and was really winded afterward...all of which normally would be explained away by alergies, or getting older or cold air, but now I am paranoid that I've actually got it.

And Scooter, I'll give snark to whoever I want to. My kid brought the virus home after I've been ordering groceries online, working from home, not visiting my parents, etc. for 8 months because someone else thought the virus was not a big deal, or they thought they were being careful enough and only taking worthwhile risks over thanksgiving week. School nurse or not, someone gave my kid this virus because they were being selfish. Now her 85 year old Grandfather with congestive heart failure has been exposed, but that turkey tasted good and they wore a mask in the airport so it was totally worth it!

Yeah, that person would be you. You sent her to school in the middle of a pandemic that you've been screaming at the sky about for months, right? This is the perfect example of the WFHElite mentality. Bitch at and look down on everyone else for not taking precautions and being "selfish", when your risk assessment was the proximate cause of her catching it you dumb motherfucker. If I send my kids to school during this time, which I have, and they get it, that is my fault, not anybody else's. You are just as guilty as the guy running around with no mask, you are just more of a sucker because you fell for the media okeydokes about masks, despite extoling on a daily basis all the evidence to the contrary of exploding cases despite mask requirements for months. On top of that, you are paranoid that you have a virus that apparently has given you no symptoms beyond what would otherwise be caused by cold air. You can't make this shit up.

God damn you people are awful. This is as bad as the dumbass on here a few months who went to a brewery and then complained about people not wearing masks at said brewery. The only people who have a right to complain about others are those who have legit locked themselves in their house for 9 months and still managed to contract it from the Beefaroni cans that WalMart dropped off outside their door after they soaked them in Lysol for 3 hours. Everyone else is on a sliding scale, on which they all think they are on the high side, and can stfu. Unless you are completely off the scale then you are part of the problem.

i'm sure you made every effort to accommodate quarantining/working from home for your employees, particularly those with kids

Birdman: Hopefully your 14 year old fares as well as my 13 year old did. Bit of a minor cold for a few days and that was it. She stayed completely isolated in her room/bathroom for 10 days after the test, and the rest of the family chose not to get tested, as we didn't have any symptoms outside those a 40 year old would expect with a toddler in the house (headaches, fatigue). We did quarantine for the prescribed 14 days ourselves as well. Worked out better that way, since if we had tested after day 7 and tested positive, we would have had to start the whole set of countdowns over again.

2&2: You can sincerely get fucked. Way to live up to "Pro Humanitate," asshole.

Yeah, that person would be you. You sent her to school in the middle of a pandemic that you've been screaming at the sky about for months, right? This is the perfect example of the WFHElite mentality. Bitch at and look down on everyone else for not taking precautions and being "selfish", when your risk assessment was the proximate cause of her catching it you dumb motherfucker. If I send my kids to school during this time, which I have, and they get it, that is my fault, not anybody else's. You are just as guilty as the guy running around with no mask, you are just more of a sucker because you fell for the media okeydokes about masks, despite extoling on a daily basis all the evidence to the contrary of exploding cases despite mask requirements for months. On top of that, you are paranoid that you have a virus that apparently has given you no symptoms beyond what would otherwise be caused by cold air. You can't make this shit up.

God damn you people are awful. This is as bad as the dumbass on here a few months who went to a brewery and then complained about people not wearing masks at said brewery. The only people who have a right to complain about others are those who have legit locked themselves in their house for 9 months and still managed to contract it from the Beefaroni cans that WalMart dropped off outside their door after they soaked them in Lysol for 3 hours. Everyone else is on a sliding scale, on which they all think they are on the high side, and can stfu. Unless you are completely off the scale then you are part of the problem.

Leading cause of death in the US. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2774465

You are a truly remarkable piece of shit.

Wake has a basketball player out for the rest of the season with covid related complications. But don’t worry, this virus only affects people over 60 years old!

There’s a lot to unpack here, but I take it you’re not a fan of Locke or Rousseau.

Wake has a basketball player out for the rest of the season with covid related complications. But don’t worry, this virus only affects people over 60 years old!

Yeah, I’d love 2&2 to tell Tariq Ingraham that this virus is just a bullshit milkwich overhyped by the media.

The mutual disdain between 2&2 and every poster is so palpable.

Don't have much time to post on here these days, but I gotta say that is an absolutely horrid post by 2&2

This is heartbreaking for me...

This is what cracks me up - stuff like those concerts is going on and y'all think I'm the problem.

This is what cracks me up - stuff like those concerts is going on and y'all think I'm the problem.

So many good examples of self-rationalization on this thread. The pandemic sure has exposed people’s true colors.

Dudes, if I suck ten dicks that's totally not gay compared to sucking 10,000 dicks. Hell, if we could find someone who has sucked a million dicks, then we could all suck like 100 dicks and still be totally not gay.

You can't argue with facts.

“I’m a spreader but at least I’m not a SUPER spreader!” is not a good argument.

Back