• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Putting aside the error in your your claim that 99+% of people will have no “material effects” from COVID, what you are saying is analogous to saying you would have no right to be pissed at a drunk driver who killed your family in a car wreck because you knew driving was risky.

I don’t know the specifics of how Birdman’s daughter caught it, but generally speaking, we have the right to be pissed if people are spreading the disease through reckless behavior. Built into the concept of recklessness is the purpose of the behavior—if the behavior is necessary for the function of the person, family, and society writ large, then we should tolerate more risk than if it is not. On this metric, sending your kid to school is not reckless. Kids need to be educated, for many people there is no other viable option because of jobs, money, etc., and schools are generally taking measures to mitigate the spread of the disease. Flying to the Caribbean for a vacation with 4 other couples, by contrast, is reckless, pretty much regardless of the mitigation measures, because they are not 100%, and the purpose of the behavior is 100% self-centered.

For this reason, if, in fact, Birdman’s daughter got it from a school nurse who had flown to the Caribbean, for example, he would have every right to be pissed, just like you would have every right to be pissed if a drunk driver killed your family.

If it was broadcast, via every possible medium, that 50k people in the state (or whatever the current active number is) were currently at this very moment drunk driving and I still sent my family out driving in it that environment in which they were both hit and killed, then yes I would be a hypocrite to blame someone else for the effect. Birdman has been on this board, literally daily, criticizing others for their risk assessment as the numbers have increased. Yet he has failed to alter his own behavior accordingly, and then continues to blame others for the result. That is a bullshit hypocritical move.

As for the school thing, clearly you do not have kids in the current school situation, as they aren't getting shit out of this hybrid approach. I would argue all day long that my kids got more long-term benefit out of their Caribbean vacation than this entire semester of bullshit "education". So I fully support the travel. You might say that sending my kids to school is not reckless, but from what I've seen a Caribbean vacation risk/reward is far less reckless than the school building.

I have no reservations about admitting that I am part of the "problem", to the extent that going out with a mask on spreads it or doesn't spread it. But everyone else needs to get out from behind their hollier-than-thou bullshit and admit the same. If your participation in society is more than zero, then you are on the same sliding scale that Catamount, Scoots, and I are on.

Great! Now we are going to claim that people aren't sick from Covid but really their underlying conditions.

If it was broadcast, via every possible medium, that 50k people in the state (or whatever the current active number is) were currently at this very moment drunk driving and I still sent my family out driving in it that environment in which they were both hit and killed, then yes I would be a hypocrite to blame someone else for the effect. Birdman has been on this board, literally daily, criticizing others for their risk assessment as the numbers have increased. Yet he has failed to alter his own behavior accordingly, and then continues to blame others for the result. That is a bullshit hypocritical move.

As for the school thing, clearly you do not have kids in the current school situation, as they aren't getting shit out of this hybrid approach. I would argue all day long that my kids got more long-term benefit out of their Caribbean vacation than this entire semester of bullshit "education". So I fully support the travel. You might say that sending my kids to school is not reckless, but from what I've seen a Caribbean vacation risk/reward is far less reckless than the school building.

I have no reservations about admitting that I am part of the "problem", to the extent that going out with a mask on spreads it or doesn't spread it. But everyone else needs to get out from behind their hollier-than-thou bullshit and admit the same. If your participation in society is more than zero, then you are on the same sliding scale that Catamount, Scoots, and I are on.

As a teacher, I’m going to go ahead and say you have literally zero idea what you’re talking about in this post from an educational standpoint.

Scooter if no one else’s posts have gotten through to you, the fact that 2&2 crawled out of the sewer to defend you should give you great pause. Kind of like how no one but kraken and ghouliani willing to bring election fraud cases.

Did you like it? Being gay means you like it. If you did it for some other reasons...?... mY e you aren't gay. Enjoying it is the key.

I think the last page of this thread is proof positive of at least one poster's unquenchable thirst for man dick.

As to deaconson's, point, I feel like if you're the sucker and you're enjoying it, then that's probably gayer than if you're sucking a dick under protest (or just neutrally/casually sucking some dicks).

But if you're getting your dick sucked, I'm not sure how relevant the sex/gender of the person sucking your dick is. We get into the weeds way too quick there. Like, what if it's a post-op M-2-F tranny? That's probably not gay. Hell, if it's a pre-op F-2-M tranny, also probably not super gay. What if it's two chicks sucking a dick at the same time (which would make them Big Gay), but then one of them is a post-op M-2-F tranny, which would pretty much just be 1.5 dudes and 1.5 chicks, which isn't a full 2 of any one sex - that's probably the golden ratio of maximum not-gay dick sucking.

Regardless, all of this is to say that writing paragraphs about sucking gay dicks is way better than reading anything 2&2 has to say in this thread.

Yo, 2&2 is clearly a shit head. Yes sending my kid to school was risky. I knew it at the time, weighed the risk and sent her anyway because keeping a 14 year old kid with significant mental health problems at home for 8 months also has significant risks. For us the short term risk of mental health collapse was greater that the short and long term risk of Covid. The problem I have here is that school attendance has elevated risk beyond what it needs to be because selfish people are still taking vacations and eating in restaurants etc. My kid with mental health problems needs to assume extra risk, beyond the baseline risk caused by essential activities like going to the grocery store, in order to go to school for desperately need socialization. It’s the Non-essential actions of healthy, wealthy people, engaging in luxurious activities (like vacations and restaurants), that are affecting the risk level and the health of the less wealthy and less healthy people, and that is some bullshit.

Also let’s be clear, getting on a message board and throwing shade and making snarky comments about other posters’ actions and words is not some kind of hysterical baseless rant displacing my own responsibility. It is what is and was what it was, a joke at scooter’s expense. The joke led to a wide discussion about who is responsible, what kind of behaviors are socially acceptable and risk analysis. Even if I take on an activity that I know is risky and the negative outcome occurs, I’m still allowed to make jokes about other people, especially when those other people are engaging in the kind of actions that made my already risky behavior unnecessarily riskier.

2&2 has been dead for months, it’s nice that the bot has been able to capture his posting style and overall disdain for society and his own family. His former wife is much happier now without all the negativity while slowly learning the ropes from Mako’s mom. Let’s just say their is a lot of extra income this year for Christmas gifts.

I set myself up to be the target of the jokes and the snark by admitting to taking a trip a few months ago when the situation was not nearly as bad as it is now. Ok, whatever. The fact is that every person on this board has accepted increased risk by engaging in activities that were not absolutely essential - some more than others, and some activities more risky than others. In balance, I believe our overall behavior since March puts us way toward the safer end of the spectrum compared to the public at large - of course the public at large includes a lot of idiots so there are a lot of people on the other end of that spectrum that lower the bar.

Anyway, I hope everyone here stays safe and I hope Birdman's daughter has no issues - as I told him already - and I hope we all manage to remain sane and civil through all of this.

We'll talk again when I return from our family Christmas trip to Cancun...

Just kidding...

I think the last page of this thread is proof positive of at least one poster's unquenchable thirst for man dick.

As to deaconson's, point, I feel like if you're the sucker and you're enjoying it, then that's probably gayer than if you're sucking a dick under protest (or just neutrally/casually sucking some dicks).

But if you're getting your dick sucked, I'm not sure how relevant the sex/gender of the person sucking your dick is. We get into the weeds way too quick there. Like, what if it's a post-op M-2-F tranny? That's probably not gay. Hell, if it's a pre-op F-2-M tranny, also probably not super gay. What if it's two chicks sucking a dick at the same time (which would make them Big Gay), but then one of them is a post-op M-2-F tranny, which would pretty much just be 1.5 dudes and 1.5 chicks, which isn't a full 2 of any one sex - that's probably the golden ratio of maximum not-gay dick sucking.

Regardless, all of this is to say that writing paragraphs about sucking gay dicks is way better than reading anything 2&2 has to say in this thread.

A mouth is a mouth.

Have fun going on a Caribbean vacation !

I just want to be able to take my cat back into the Children's hospital and to see his hospice patients. If you think you hate working on Zoom, try getting a therapy cat to.

Right after Thanksgiving I remember our hospital CEO saying she hoped we wouldn't pass 80 hospitalized COVID patients (we had been in the 70s for a while). We are now at 170.

I set myself up to be the target of the jokes and the snark by admitting to taking a trip a few months ago when the situation was not nearly as bad as it is now. Ok, whatever. The fact is that every person on this board has accepted increased risk by engaging in activities that were not absolutely essential - some more than others, and some activities more risky than others. In balance, I believe our overall behavior since March puts us way toward the safer end of the spectrum compared to the public at large - of course the public at large includes a lot of idiots so there are a lot of people on the other end of that spectrum that lower the bar.

Anyway, I hope everyone here stays safe and I hope Birdman's daughter has no issues - as I told him already - and I hope we all manage to remain sane and civil through all of this.

We'll talk again when I return from our family Christmas trip to Cancun...

Just kidding...

I don't think people were joking.

Back