• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

90287325_10162945022905214_3821932092078424064_n.jpg

shutting down all the airlines weeks ago was really the only move to really contain this spread. At least from there you could have an orderly shutdown of come cities and slowed it down to allow for testing to ramp up. Now its going to be a rapid crash of everything simultaneously.

Best way to get rid of a Jehovah’a witness is to tell them you used to be really into it but they told you that you’re not allowed to come by anymore. They’re not allowed contact with the excommunicated.
Not Jehovah's Witlesses, but Mormons...
One of my favorite personal experiences was hanging out at a friend's apartment and having two LDSers knock on the door. She looked at me, I looked at her, then I opened it. I realized what they were and without skipping a beat, offered them the Amstel in my hand. The blood drain from their faces was precious.

Every teacher that has responded to all on our emails from the superintendent is probably in the high risk category.

My wife’s employer has called for a company wide all employee in-person staff meeting Monday morning at 10 am, to review and train everyone on how to use the telework systems like gotomeeting so that they can move to remote operations. Seems pretty dumb to bring 500 people together into an auditorium so that you can train them on how to socially isolate and minimize virus transmission.

My wife’s employer has called for a company wide all employee in-person staff meeting Monday morning at 10 am, to review and train everyone on how to use the telework systems like gotomeeting so that they can move to remote operations. Seems pretty dumb to bring 500 people together into an auditorium so that you can train them on how to socially isolate and minimize virus transmission.

This whole situation is exposing how incompetent how many people/leaders/businesses can be.

and how unnecessary the vast majority of meetings are

As someone who has worked remote for almost 17 years for a single company, can confirm. One or two virtual meetings a week per team and then 15 minutes on the phone here and there with individual people is more than enough.

She sent an email response saying how risky it was have this meeting, said she would not be attending, and that they should send the necessary info via email. Her supervisor responded positively. Seems like if necessary they could make a video tutorial on how to use gotomeeting or zoom or whatever and put it on YouTube with a private, invite only link. Those videos probably already exist, actually.

:rulz::rulz::rulz::rulz:

Back