• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I think I have a pretty good handle on it - myself and all my colleagues have gone through the process and I advise multiple people per day on how to get the COVID vaccine.

I think it's a little more complicated than that but I look forward to becoming a logistics expert once I get the covid-19 vaccine.

I think it's a little more complicated than that but I look forward to becoming a logistics expert once I get the covid-19 vaccine.

LOL. I also have multiple emails/meetings per day on how to distribute the vaccine in our med center and county. [As I wrote that I thought to myself, "I take many calls and have many meetings"...]

LOL. I also have multiple emails/meetings per day on how to distribute the vaccine in our med center and county. [As I wrote that I thought to myself, "I take many calls and have many meetings"...]

my advice: push for waiting lists for people who do not currently qualify but are willing to go wherever they have to in the county to prevent any vaccine from being wasted. basically, if a location has opened up doses but has run out of people at that location to jab, then go down the waiting list.

my advice: push for waiting lists for people who do not currently qualify but are willing to go wherever they have to in the county to prevent any vaccine from being wasted. basically, if a location has opened up doses but has run out of people at that location to jab, then go down the waiting list.

Yes, there are many, many approaches that could be done (vaccinate on the weekends/nights, have functioning scheduling systems with waiting lists, etc.) that are not currently being done, though it's getting better.

In today's example of how poorly the school system is run, our county has excess vaccines that they are distributing on a first come/first serve basis. Yet per a county wide directive from our central office, teachers aren't allowed to leave during school time to receive the vaccine. So I can go get my haircut during my planning period, but I can't go get a potentially life saving vaccine during a pandemic. Meanwhile, the next county over, a teacher died last week from Covid. We live in fucking crazy world.

My wife is a school nurse and she can't get it yet. She has put herself on every list she can find - hopefully soon. Wake county does not seem to be moving swiftly...
It is frustrating because, as we have all heard, a decent percentage of people who are eligible are turning it down - ugh!

Yes, there are many, many approaches that could be done (vaccinate on the weekends/nights, have functioning scheduling systems with waiting lists, etc.) that are not currently being done, though it's getting better.

I would get the vaccine at 3 am on a tuesday at this point. I don't care. Just shoot me up already!

For a state that prides itself in having strong healthcare, NC has fallen flat on its face with this rollout. Every doctor and nurse at Baptist, UNC, Duke, Atrium, etc. should be out there in shifts 24/7 putting the vax into arms. If a doctor refuses to show up for shift, pull privileges. They got the vax first, including all non-patient facing random admin in "healthcare," so they should be able to volunteer their time to help give the vax to the rest of the population.

For a state that prides itself in having strong healthcare, NC has fallen flat on its face with this rollout. Every doctor and nurse at Baptist, UNC, Duke, Atrium, etc. should be out there in shifts 24/7 putting the vax into arms. If a doctor refuses to show up for shift, pull privileges. They got the vax first, including all non-patient facing random admin in "healthcare," so they should be able to volunteer their time to help give the vax to the rest of the population.

NC ranks 45th in % of received doses that have been administered. https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...KQVj4hTqgTZgCxPa7_zWXVXWogFY4CqxsHANk9XYZwZ90

Alabama (DFL in doses administered) is going to use Walmart for administering vaccine. Problem solved!

the south must mobilize a logistics plan modeled on the chick-fil-a drive through

I want everyone in this line to have a shot and a diet lemonade in 10 minutes or less

Amazon has offered its services to Biden re vaccine logistics. They're second only to CFA in that department.

In the press briefing today, some conservative journalist asked why Amazon didn't work with Trump administration, implying that the Biden administration had a back door deal with Amazon. Psaki said, "That sounds like a question for Amazon."

Non-politically of course.

My mom and stepdad are going to try to get their first dose today. My step dad is 67 and mom is 63...My mom watches my kid 1 day a week, so she's going to try to pull the caretaker card and hopefully they'll give it to her.

My mom and stepdad are going to try to get their first dose today. My step dad is 67 and mom is 63...My mom watches my kid 1 day a week, so she's going to try to pull the caretaker card and hopefully they'll give it to her.

Oh, they'll give it to her alright.

Back