• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Why the hell were teachers not in a higher group for vaccination

U.S. planning to buy an additional 200 million doses of vaccine by summer. 100 million from Pfizer and 100 million from Moderna. That would bring total U. S. Vaccine procurement to 600 million doses, enough to complete vaccinations for 300 million people.

The estimated eligible population is 260 million, mostly because the vaccine isn't approved for children under 16. That may change, as trials expand.

The supply may expand further if additional vaccine providers complete trials and receive FDA approval. Three are in phase 3 trials now.

They're 1b in VA. One of my friends who teaches HS has already had her 1st dose.

if >65 is 1a, and she's not 65, she has cut the line (50 million Americans are 65+, another 20 million work in healthcare) - but good for her

I am apparently now dreaming of the vaccine. Last night, I dreamt that not all the 1Bs were getting the vaccine, so they were opening it up to 1Cs. So I went to a senior facility to get the vaccine, and Michael Jordan was 1 of the volunteers who was giving the shots (they’ve had a difficult time getting enough folks to do this), and he gave it to me.

I’d feel pretty good about Michael Jordan giving you the shot. I’m guessing that was the last shot though. Jordan gave previous one to Steve Kerr.

When you're low on shots do you let your best player administer them, or someone with a hot hand?

tenor.gif

Novavax data looks pretty good, tho not terribly effective against SA variant. JNJ data will be very interesting and could be gamechanger if decent

Messy, to say the least.

Best news seems to be that it prevented hospitalizations. I certainly would prefer Pfizer or Moderna without question based on the difference in efficacy.

Back