• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html
"Updated quarantine recommendations for vaccinated persons. Fully vaccinated persons who meet criteria will no longer be required to quarantine following an exposure to someone with COVID-19. Additional considerations for patients and residents in healthcare settings are provided."
"However, vaccinated persons with an exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 are not required to quarantine if they meet all of the following criteria†:
*Are fully vaccinated (i.e., ≥2 weeks following receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series, or ≥2 weeks following receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine)
*Are within 3 months following receipt of the last dose in the series
*Have remained asymptomatic since the current COVID-19 exposure
*Persons who do not meet all 3 of the above criteria should continue to follow current quarantine guidance after exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19."

"These quarantine recommendations for vaccinated persons, including the criteria for timing since receipt of the last dose in the vaccination series, will be updated when more data become available and additional COVID-19 vaccines are authorized."

I was talking about bbd who got it maybe a month ago

as for you, tough shit, you've gotten to eat inside for half of 2020 without fear of hospitalization, time for solitary confinement

I was talking about bbd who got it maybe a month ago

as for you, tough shit, you've gotten to eat inside for half of 2020 without fear of hospitalization, time for solitary confinement

you'll probably be ok though

hope he's ok, so that means better data on the long term immunities for the rest of us..

i'm thinking 20-30 btw

just found out I can get vaxxed next week if I want to

have some ambivalence about it as demand among people more vulnerable than me is greater than demand, but defs persuaded by the get as many shots in arms as possible argument

just found out I can get vaxxed next week if I want to

have some ambivalence about it as demand among people more vulnerable than me is greater than demand, but defs persuaded by the get as many shots in arms as possible argument

Do it man. Doses are getting wasted everywhere. One less vector for transmission is still good.

Do it man. Doses are getting wasted everywhere. One less vector for transmission is still good.

So, if you get the vaccine, you can't transmit?

I actually tested positive towards the beginning of the month (woke up one day and couldn't smell anything). Probably got it at a gym, even though everyone wore masks. Haven't really been going to too many other places.

This thing does take a toll on you. I feel like I probably got a mild case, but body aches and muscle fatigue are a real thing. My isolation ended on Sunday, and we had decent weather yesterday so I went for a jog outside. I am not a runner, by any stretch of the imagination. My jogs are usually around 8 minute miles for a 5k. I struggled through two (masked) 9 minute miles and walked the last mile home. I read an espn article on Jayson Tatum saying that he still feels some effects in terms of being winded more than a month after his positive test. I look forward to being completely recovered (eg recovering sense of smell fully), while also being glad that the version I got was not so bad. No Remdesivir (or bleach) for me.

So, if you get the vaccine, you can't transmit?

I actually tested positive towards the beginning of the month (woke up one day and couldn't smell anything). Probably got it at a gym, even though everyone wore masks. Haven't really been going to too many other places.

This thing does take a toll on you. I feel like I probably got a mild case, but body aches and muscle fatigue are a real thing. My isolation ended on Sunday, and we had decent weather yesterday so I went for a jog outside. I am not a runner, by any stretch of the imagination. My jogs are usually around 8 minute miles for a 5k. I struggled through two (masked) 9 minute miles and walked the last mile home. I read an espn article on Jayson Tatum saying that he still feels some effects in terms of being winded more than a month after his positive test. I look forward to being completely recovered (eg recovering sense of smell fully), while also being glad that the version I got was not so bad. No Remdesivir (or bleach) for me.

From what I understand, the expectation is that the vaccine will be highly effective in limiting transmission. Obviously it hasn’t been studied extensively and we should continue to mask and socially distance until community spread is dramatically reduced but that’s what the informed folks have been saying.

Also, sorry to hear about your ongoing issues but glad to hear you’ve mostly recovered.

Where there's a will, there is a way. Fucking day 10, I'm just going to be ejaculating a small puff of smoke. Just...*puof* sad noises.

Got my results back. I'm clean.

Around day 5 after exposure, I was fucking WIPED OUT. But I woke up the next morning fit as a fiddle (and then got tested).

Also, just a heads up, but I have four kids (2, 4, 6, 8) and a wife - and we all had super close contact for pretty much the entire time I was quarantined. I went for maybe four hours at a time away from them before wifey needed help. It was pretty much unavoidable given our situation. None of them have tested positive. As far as I'm concerned, seems like the vaccine drastically reduces the chance of transmission.

This vaccine rollout in NC is fucked up. Mecklenburg Co is below the average percentage of population in NC vaccinated so far at 8%, compared to 10% in other counties. Health Director blames lack of supply (duh) and people coming to Mecklenburg County from other counties for big vaccination events on the weekend at Spectrum Center and BofA Stadium because they're too stupid to get the vaccine any day of the week in their own county.

Meanwhile my 60-year old nextdoor neighbor and her friend drove through a church clinic yesterday and got leftover shots.

Incompetence like this is why people lose faith in institutions.

This vaccine rollout in NC is fucked up. Mecklenburg Co is below the average percentage of population in NC vaccinated so far at 8%, compared to 10% in other counties. Health Director blames lack of supply (duh) and people coming to Mecklenburg County from other counties for big vaccination events on the weekend at Spectrum Center and BofA Stadium because they're too stupid to get the vaccine any day of the week in their own county.

Meanwhile my 60-year old nextdoor neighbor and her friend drove through a church clinic yesterday and got leftover shots.

Incompetence like this is why people lose faith in institutions.

On this note, they are currently vaccinating healthcare workers, right? So there are various sites where you can go on and sign up for the shot and identify yourself as a healthcare worker to confirm eligibility. Well, confirmed by my nurse wife and some of her healthcare friends who have been vaccinated, when you get there for the shot there is no requirement whatsoever to prove that you are actually a healthcare worker - no simple "can you show me your nurse's badge" - nothing. What is the point of the restriction, then? My wife saw multiple people that were clearly jumping the line... I want everyone to get the shot and everything but that is a little annoying when I am sitting here wondering when I might be able to get it.

Back