• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

What you care about is hospitalizations and deaths," he says. "And Johnson & Johnson appears to be just as good as Moderna and Pfizer at preventing those."

—-

No, many of us worry about the potential long term issues that are possible, even without hospitalization. Public health officials needs to start taking these concerns into account before making dismissive statements about what people would worry about.

What you care about is hospitalizations and deaths," he says. "And Johnson & Johnson appears to be just as good as Moderna and Pfizer at preventing those."

—-

No, many of us worry about the potential long term issues that are possible, even without hospitalization. Public health officials needs to start taking these concerns into account before making dismissive statements about what people would worry about.

Yeah, I pretty much never left the house once the actor dude got his leg amputated, but are there any statistics on what % of the people are long-haulers?

I went to a restaurant last night to pick up carry out food and it was packed with people dining inside. This morning I checked our hospital COVID numbers and they are up from 30 patients to 47. The British variant is now accounting for close to 20% of cases in the US.

The COVID situation in the US is way better now than it was just a few months back, but it’s important to avoid indoor crowds so we don’t get another wave.

I went to a restaurant last night to pick up carry out food and it was packed with people dining inside. This morning I checked our hospital COVID numbers and they are up from 30 patients to 47. The British variant is now accounting for close to 20% of cases in the US.

The COVID situation in the US is way better now than it was just a few months back, but it’s important to avoid indoor crowds so we don’t get another wave.

Maybe it was all the dumbshit deniers who won't get the vaccine. Not to be hateful, but would serve them right to take a run with the COVID.

Y'all think that the Johnson and Johnson will be good enough for the vaccine passport?

That is really all i want.

Yes, the EU wants to make sure that there are not separate classes of people based on vaccination and not vaccinated or what vaccination you get. The goal is to get as many people vaccinated as possible as soon as possible, and not have people try and be picky. The EU digital green passport probably will not be in full effect until this summer, but its a move in the right direction. However, everything I have seen has focused only on EU and Schengen countries and nothing about traveling from the US yet. (Sorry). I can also say that from what I have seen inside the government, plans are not being discussed yet.

Maybe it was all the dumbshit deniers who won't get the vaccine. Not to be hateful, but would serve them right to take a run with the COVID.

I took my brother, SIL, mother, father, wife, grandmother, grandfather, and eight kids to Korean BBQ last night. All the adults are vaccinated (over 65, teacher, military, test subject). The place was fucking packed - to the point that the servers just couldn't keep up.

My family ate with little concern for ourselves, but looking around, it would have been statistically unlikely that everyone in the restaurant was vaccinated.

I took my brother, SIL, mother, father, wife, grandmother, grandfather, and eight kids to Korean BBQ last night. All the adults are vaccinated (over 65, teacher, military, test subject). The place was fucking packed - to the point that the servers just couldn't keep up.

My family ate with little concern for ourselves, but looking around, it would have been statistically unlikely that everyone in the restaurant was vaccinated.

Yep, that was my concern. Indoor dining is the avoidable activity that is most likely to spread COVID at this time.

The EU is set to publish a draft of their vaccine passport plan on March 17th. Cyprus announced last week that beginning in May they'll accept UK visitors who have been vaccinated, while Portugal has also said they hope to accept vaccinated Brits as well as those who test negative by mid May. Could be different for US visitors, but it's the first non-EU announcement I've seen from an EU country. Croatia is allowing US visitors now with negative PCR tests, though there is a lot of confusion within their own government whether it applies to tourists. Basically seems that any Med country that depends on tourism is going to allow tourists by June, whether as part of an EU agreement or on a bilateral basis with individual countries.

I don't see a vaccine passport working in the US. The federal government has no good record of who has gotten the shots. And is the UK (or any other country) really going to accept a vaccine passport issued by the health department of Random County, USA?

The federal government has a record of everyone that has received a shot, its submitted and currently blinded whenever a vaccination is given along with a laundry list of other information. Very simple process to unblind it if it is ever deemed necessary.

The federal government has a record of everyone that has received a shot, its submitted and currently blinded whenever a vaccination is given along with a laundry list of other information. Very simple process to unblind it if it is ever deemed necessary.

Some time this fall they plan to audit the list and prosecute those who didn't follow the guidelines of their state for receiving the vaccine.

Yeah date and time of your vaccination is going to be cross-referenced to your eligibility and those deemed to have skipped the line are looking at 1,000 dollar fines and 1 year jail time. The whole thing is going to be run by DHS now that they aren't so concerned about the border anymore. I also heard if you make the smoked a 100 cigarettes in your lifetime claim, they are going to make you smoke a pack in front of them.

Based on experience around here, they have a record of first and last name and DOB. Is that enough to be sure they are giving the passport to the right person? And is that going to be enough for the other countries?

Back