• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

texas expanding vaccine eligibility to those over 16 on 3/29

Fucking right. I want that J&J, had an opening to get one on Friday but passed because I have birthday dinner Rezzy’s on Friday and don’t want to be all vaccined out.

If you cared about knowing if you were ever infected just get an antibody test that tests for more than one antigen, or you know tests for anything but spike protein. It would be included with any manufacture’s testing information. Feel bad in Feb, hmm maybe, Jan ehhh getting their, Dec getting warmer, Nov- almost their, Oct- you are completely full of shit and didn’t have covid.

If I were to extrapolate my conversations with my patients this past year, there are over 300 million Americans who have a story about how they probably had COVID back before March 2020. About 100 mill who definitely had it November 2019 before anyone here knew about it.

I am almost certain I have not had COVID. I never even had a test before last month.

If I were to extrapolate my conversations with my patients this past year, there are over 300 million Americans who have a story about how they probably had COVID back before March 2020. About 100 mill who definitely had it November 2019 before anyone here knew about it.

I really need to get an antibody test. I'm pretty sure I had it way back in November and could be patient zero for the US outbreak having brought it back from Sicily. Not even kidding. If it wasn't COVID, it was some other coronavirus with exactly the same symptoms. Literally the sickest I've ever been and it lasted weeks. All the doctors could do was shrug and say I had some kind of viral infection.

i too was sick as hell in Europe in November 2019, so i prob got covid from you guys. Were any of you on a viking cruise?

i too was sick as hell in Europe in November 2019, so i prob got covid from you guys. Were any of you on a viking cruise?

How old are you? My parents took a viking cruise and said they were the youngest people on-board.

I'm becoming eligible next week, and maybe this has already been answered, but if the variants are going to represent most infections sometime soon, and only J&J has been proven effective at preventing hospitalization/death against the variants, should I try to get J&J? Or is this one of those cases where we essentially know that Pfizer/Moderna will be effective against the variants and it's just not proven yet?

I'm becoming eligible next week, and maybe this has already been answered, but if the variants are going to represent most infections sometime soon, and only J&J has been proven effective at preventing hospitalization/death against the variants, should I try to get J&J? Or is this one of those cases where we essentially know that Pfizer/Moderna will be effective against the variants and it's just not proven yet?

i think "B" - but the reality is we don't know because they weren't tested.

Got Moderna #1 five minutes ago. Now I get to sit at the front of Publix for 10 more minutes. Lotta weird people coming and going.

I got dosed with Pfizer 2.5 weeks ago and tested negative for the antibodies since so I'm expecting to get hit pretty hard when I get #2 on Saturday.

The actual target for all the vaccines is pretty much the same (target specific ones) and based off the original sequencing provided from initial infections. By the time variants arose the process for vaccine development, trials, etc... had already started. Luckily if there is every a serious blow to the efficacy boosters should be easily generated (may be need anyways as immunity wanes). Additionally, if you see reports about neutralization assays and its 10 times less or other things just know that if it’s not coming from an actual designed trial with people it doesn’t mean shit in the real world till proven it matters.

Sounds like you got the placebo. Stay home and wear a mask.

Back