• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I finally had an opportunity to schedule an appointment. I was getting a bit frustrated living in a state (MA) that prides itself on healthcare and seeing states like Oklahoma and Arkansas get far ahead in distribution.

Only 1 of about 4 or 5 sites even had any openings and those were limited, but still I'm quite pleased with my time and place (early Sunday morning in Boston's Back Bay). I would have preferred to go to Fenway Park just to see how that's set up but I shan't complain.

I finally had an opportunity to schedule an appointment. I was getting a bit frustrated living in a state (MA) that prides itself on healthcare and seeing states like Oklahoma and Arkansas get far ahead in distribution.

Only 1 of about 4 or 5 sites even had any openings and those were limited, but still I'm quite pleased with my time and place (early Sunday morning in Boston's Back Bay). I would have preferred to go to Fenway Park just to see how that's set up but I shan't complain.

I felt like Massachusetts got off to a really slow start, but I think they've done a great job since - I think only two states with a higher % having received one dose? It is a bit odd to hear of 20 year olds in other states being vaccinated for the past couple weeks when it won't be until April 19th for under 55 year olds to be eligible here, but I guess that just means we've vaccinated more of the people who are susceptible to serious complications. Cape Cod is a mess though.

Just got Pfizer #2. Ready to party in 48 hours or hopefully less.

Originally had Pfizer 1 scheduled for the 23rd, then a J&J opened up on Sunday so I snagged that but it is 45 minutes away, then a Pfizer opened up this Friday morning and that one is the next town over so I scheduled that one instead.

Anybody else having really really vivid dreams involving Bill Gates after your shot(s)?

Newsom announcing the state will fully re-open in June. But wants to keep the mask mandate. I imagine that's going to be politically REALLLY unpopular and will be recinded.

Once everyone's had a chance to keep the vaccine, the mask mandate needs to go away otherwise the Rogan's and Musk's of the world will be right, people are gonna get the fuck outta California. But I guess for messaging you can't discount the mask important now

I’ll never understand why mask mandates are such a big deal. It’s one of the least burdensome parts of this whole crisis. We probably should be using them during flu season.

I’ll never understand why mask mandates are such a big deal. It’s one of the least burdensome parts of this whole crisis. We probably should be using them during flu season.

And allergy season. Been a big help to me the last couple weeks since the pollen arrived.

I felt shitty yesterday after my Monday 2nd Pfizer shot. Not from the shot, but from being in that giant baby blue building in Chapel Hill all day. Made me want to puke.

I tried wearing a spent N95 to do yard work two weeks ago to avoid the pollen. Didn’t work. Allergies > covid as it turns out.

I tried wearing a spent N95 to do yard work two weeks ago to avoid the pollen. Didn’t work. Allergies > covid as it turns out.

What else isn’t the government telling us???

Back