• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

2 ACC schools already requiring students be fully vaccinated before start of fall semester (Duke & Syracuse) - how long until Wake comes out with its policy?

Slam dunk that Wake will have the same requirement, and I'm fine with it.

Meanwhile Florida is trying to forbid universities (or any body) from requiring vaccine proof for admittance and attendance.

After first shot a bit over 24 hours ago, all is well, I can just can tell my arm was jabbed recently but nothing beyond that.

FEMA had their shit down, super efficient process, literally in and out (+15 minutes).

Yeah, that was my experience as well. When I got in line I was probably 200 yards away from the tents and thought it was going to take forever. The line never stopped moving and I walked into a tent 10 mins later and had a shot within 5 minutes.

J&J shot getting a pause from the FDA due to 5 women with rare blood clots.

This is dumb, why pause J&J for a 1 and million chance something will happened, when there is no proof they are even linked?

Fuck.

what are ramifications of FDA "recommending a pause"

seems less forceful than Twitter users are letting on

what are ramifications of FDA "recommending a pause"

seems less forceful than Twitter users are letting on

we've heard throughout the pandemic everyone saying they're "following all CDC guidelines" so seems like most businesses administering the vax will heed this.

Florida governor forbidding administration of J&J shots in his state.

2 ACC schools already requiring students be fully vaccinated before start of fall semester (Duke & Syracuse) - how long until Wake comes out with its policy?

It’s already out. If you come to campus and are vaccinated you are good to go. If you are not vaccinated, then you will be asked to sign-up for a vaccination at one of the clinics being offered on campus. No word yet on what happens if you refuse.

https://ourwayforward.wfu.edu/2021/03/expectations-for-fall-2021/

Florida governor forbidding administration of J&J shots in his state.

He's actually just pausing it like most states across the US. He even got the J&J vaccine himself in March and recommended it today.

“I think the track record for Johnson & Johnson is good.” The governor also said he didn’t think people who already got the J&J vaccine should worry. “I don’t think you will have problems. I don’t think people should be freaking out.”

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/f...ohnson-johnson-vaccine-gov-ron-desantis-says/

Pretty much. Vaccinations have been standard for many years. This is just a new vaccination to add to the list.

More people have died from gun violence the last few weeksn than from the vaccines.

Well the same people who don’t want students to be vaccinated are fine with guns on campus.

It's been about 15 hours since I got Moderna #2 and I'm feeling pretty good so far - wife is on the struggle bus though.

The woman who got the shot right after me had some sort of reaction in the waiting area. I heard later she left on her own, but she definitely needed some attention within 2 minutes of getting a shot.

Back