• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Thanks deplorables. We had one chance - legit two-three month lockdown - to get this in check. Instead you f*cking anti science mouth breathers selfishly did whatever you wanted for freedom!!! and now half a million people and counting dead and the world irrevocably changed. Your pro life party everyone!

Thanks deplorables. We had one chance - legit two-three month lockdown - to get this in check. Instead you f*cking anti science mouth breathers selfishly did whatever you wanted for freedom!!! and now half a million people and counting dead and the world irrevocably changed. Your pro life party everyone!

this attitude was exemplified yesterday when Gym Jordan was questioning Fauci about when life would get back to normal so people can go to church and stuff, and it took all of Fauci's willpower to not say "when you assholes stop having gatherings until you commit to wearing masks and getting vaccinated."

The third or yearly vaccine doses is exactly what big pharma wants you to think, make that yearly money!!! Honestly though makes sense, it’s a respiratory virus and the fact we have a vaccine this protective already is somewhat of a miracle. Hopefully given more time dosing can be worked out because anecdotally and some scientific basis people that had covid, that had a reaction to the first vaccine shot (essentially like a second vaccine shot for naive people) then went on to have another reaction to their second vaccine (third covid antigen exposure). So it will be one hell of a lift to get people to get boosters over and over.

Yeah, only 45% of Americans get an annual flu shot. Hard to believe this would garner a higher percentage.

...yes to all of this

Yeah, only 45% of Americans get an annual flu shot. Hard to believe this would garner a higher percentage.

It would for at least the first 5 years or so. The flu hasn't shut down society in our lifetimes like COVID is doing.

I eagerly await my next government-sponsored nanotech injection.

We've already got more first vaccine shots available in NC than people willing to immediately get them. The sense of urgency is declining. Getting a booster shot every year, as the Pfizer CEO suggested, is not going to be a priority for everyone.

We've already got more first vaccine shots available in NC than people willing to immediately get them. The sense of urgency is declining. Getting a booster shot every year, as the Pfizer CEO suggested, is not going to be a priority for everyone.

Last night we had 7PM appts at Walgreens to get our second dose and we were the only people there.

There’s so much unused vaccine in the south that a lot of places have even moved to just show the fuck up no appointment necessary. Republicans/evangelicals, and large black populations are really slowing vaccine efforts in the south.

There’s so much unused vaccine in the south that a lot of places have even moved to just show the fuck up no appointment necessary. Republicans/evangelicals, and large black populations are really slowing vaccine efforts in the south.

Yeah, a few weeks ago my wife scheduled her first shot through Atrium for next week but she went to a drive thru clinic with no wait yesterday instead. I goaded a coworker into getting his shot at the same place yesterday.

I helped society by antagonizing anti vaxxers on next door such that they posted enough misinformation to get the thread removed. Fuck em. Selfish, brainwashed, ignorant, take your pick.

this attitude was exemplified yesterday when Gym Jordan was questioning Fauci about when life would get back to normal so people can go to church and stuff, and it took all of Fauci's willpower to not say "when you assholes stop having gatherings until you commit to wearing masks and getting vaccinated."

While I loathe Jordan, Fauci didn't come off well in that line of questioning. It's really frustrating that there isn't a quantification such as when 70% of americans are vaccinated and the r value is at x, or 60% of Americans and the rate of new infections is at y.

I'm certain there are some metrics out there, but the inability to quantify it tells me he thinks we really aren't close enough to worry about it yet.

If you eliminate the under 18 group, you’re at about 250 million Americans, the absolutely lowest number for herd immunity is probably 70%, but I’ll even give you 65% so we need about 162 million people fully vaccinated, we are at 75 million, so yeah not close. Plus like I wrote before the messaging has to stay full compliance with public health measures because remember when we half assed lockdowns, well doing the same with vaccines will mean useless vaccines. So yeah people are the fucking worst.

8 weeks after the vaccine is available to everyone. That’s when everything should open up. Not sure why that answer is hard, if idiots who don’t wanna take it die, that’s on them. I’m not wearing a mask to protect them from themselves

If you eliminate the under 18 group, you’re at about 250 million Americans, the absolutely lowest number for herd immunity is probably 70%, but I’ll even give you 65% so we need about 162 million people fully vaccinated, we are at 75 million, so yeah not close. Plus like I wrote before the messaging has to stay full compliance with public health measures because remember when we half assed lockdowns, well doing the same with vaccines will mean useless vaccines. So yeah people are the fucking worst.

How does the 20-30% of the population that’s already had covid factor into it?

8 weeks after the vaccine is available to everyone. That’s when everything should open up. Not sure why that answer is hard, if idiots who don’t wanna take it die, that’s on them. I’m not wearing a mask to protect them from themselves

The problem is that those dipsticks give the virus space and bodies to mutate.

So they prevent us from being able to fully reopen because there is no good way to open but only for the vaccinatede, but also expose us for covid P2. Fucking mouth breathing rubes.

The problem is that those dipsticks give the virus space and bodies to mutate.

So they prevent us from being able to fully reopen because there is no good way to open but only for the vaccinatede, but also expose us for covid P2. Fucking mouth breathing rubes.

Absolute fucksticks for sure. Some of my wife’s friends growing up in New York as like closet anti-vaxxers who claim they are getting the vaccine but “aren’t in a rush”. Like, what the fuck does that even mean you morons?? What are you waiting for at this point??

the fact that kids 16 and under aren't eligible yet also makes it tough to say "go nuts" on a reopening

Back