• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I agree, but the optics are bad for the few kids that end up affected and policy is usually driven by appearances more than science

so I guess I should restate it that the "challenge for getting elected officials to open the floodgates in some places will be..."

Absolute fucksticks for sure. Some of my wife’s friends growing up in New York as like closet anti-vaxxers who claim they are getting the vaccine but “aren’t in a rush”. Like, what the fuck does that even mean you morons?? What are you waiting for at this point??

they're waiting to see if you croak

While I loathe Jordan, Fauci didn't come off well in that line of questioning. It's really frustrating that there isn't a quantification such as when 70% of americans are vaccinated and the r value is at x, or 60% of Americans and the rate of new infections is at y.

I'm certain there are some metrics out there, but the inability to quantify it tells me he thinks we really aren't close enough to worry about it yet.

was disappointed that Fauci didn't give numbers either, but Jordan really was being a dick.

we have fully vaccinated 78m people and 125m have partial protection, which while they really should get that second shot it is still something.

we always knew there would be a point where it would slow down, just need people that are vaccinated in their lives to prove to these skeptics that it doesn't turn you into a mutant, an invalid, or worst of all a commie.

was disappointed that Fauci didn't give numbers either, but Jordan really was being a dick.

we have fully vaccinated 78m people and 125m have partial protection, which while they really should get that second shot it is still something.

we always knew there would be a point where it would slow down, just need people that are vaccinated in their lives to prove to these skeptics that it doesn't turn you into a mutant, an invalid, or worst of all a commie.

Isnt the first phizer shot, better than the JJ shot? Before the second dose?

I am getting the second shot Sunday, not pumped about it

Isnt the first phizer shot, better than the JJ shot? Before the second dose?

I am getting the second shot Sunday, not pumped about it

They estimated one Pfizer/Moderna dose around 80% effective based on a fairly small study of healthcare workers (less than 5k). So high level...yes. I got my second around 7PM last night and feel mildly crappy (tired/achy) but if this is the worst it’s totally not a big deal.

My anti vaccine secretary just wrote a long email to the bosses about she’s also anti someone taking her temperature out of fear the temp check device will harm her health. It was pretty wild

She should be fired for being a pain in the ass, and clearly too stupid to be useful.

She should be fired for being a pain in the ass, and clearly too stupid to be useful.

Fairly sure she’ll choose to be homeless rather than be vaccinated if we so require it. I’m not sure if we’re going to require it.

Moderna dose 2 knocked me out yesterday. Didn’t come downstairs until 630 PM.

After a full night’s sleep I’m mostly back to 100 percent. Just a little tired but that could just be the effect of a long week.

The problem is that those dipsticks give the virus space and bodies to mutate.

So they prevent us from being able to fully reopen because there is no good way to open but only for the vaccinatede, but also expose us for covid P2. Fucking mouth breathing rubes.

This is absolutely correct.

Moderna dose 2 knocked me out yesterday. Didn’t come downstairs until 630 PM.

After a full night’s sleep I’m mostly back to 100 percent. Just a little tired but that could just be the effect of a long week.

how soon after taking vaccine did symptoms start?

Some of the restrictions are ridiculous. Headed to California this coming week to see my daughter, son and grandchildren I haven’t seen since November ‘19. We’re both vaccinated fully and we will be glad to comply with the simple stuff; social distance, mask wearing etc. But when we decided to go further and visit our oldest in Maui (yeah I know, rough life) the restrictions Hawaii still have in place are insane. You have to have a PCR test ($139 each) within 72 hours of leaving or they will turn you back at the airport. Headed there on a Tuesday so we have to be tested on Saturday afternoon and hope we get the test results and download to Hawaii travel web site before we arrive. Do the math.....with a Sunday in between and the results taking on average 1-2 days, we might find ourselves turned away. I know, cry me a river but wtf? Can’t they take our vaccine card with proper identification. F’in absurd.

Its "absurd" because there was never a national plan. 35%+ of the population said "f everyone else i need to do what I want when I want." Don't forget who encouraged and enabled that line of thinking.

Imagine if during WW's 1 and 2 the country didn't come together to make changes in every day life - like women working in factories when men went to war - but some people were... uncomfortable in a mask??

Enjoy your family time. God speed.

Well I'm hour 7 feelin' good, so these aren't the answers I was looking for! Wife has been in bed since hour 4.

Back