• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Every PCR Test I have had has come back within 24 hours.

Book your flight with a one or two day layover in LA. Get your PCR Test. Have your grandchild upload the results. Fly to Hawaii. Complain about ageism and the inconvenience and oppression you endured while exploiting one of America’s colonies. Profit?

Last edited:
We literally locked this country down for large chunks of this last year because of a virus that was statistically brutal for seniors. Then we prioritized seniors for the vaccine.

So if a senior is going to sit there and say we are collectively shitting on seniors, I say fuck your tone deaf ass.

This x 10000

Sorry about your Hawaii vacation $150 inconvenience?

The Venn Diagram of people who blame ageism when they get roasted for their bad takes and people who complain about playing the race card is a perfect circle.

Then to post (download) them to a website (which frankly I have no idea how to do) is a lot to ask for many seniors. I have help but many seniors traveling for vacations don’t.

It’s not the 1980’s anymore. If you want to be a part of society, you have to keep up.

Got my second Pfizer dose on 4/5 and had an antibody test done on 4/9 as part of a voluntary study my wife and I have been participating in for almost a year. Results back yesterday showing a positive for antibodies. They even did a second test that can tell whether the positive was due to exposure to the virus or vaccination and it confirmed that mine was due to vaccination. Quite a relief to know and although I 100% trusted the science it's nice to have a scientific confirmation that the vaccine did its job. It won't make me alter my behavior (for now, anyway), but it certainly takes a lot of the stress and worry away.

Got my second Pfizer dose on 4/5 and had an antibody test done on 4/9 as part of a voluntary study my wife and I have been participating in for almost a year. Results back yesterday showing a positive for antibodies. They even did a second test that can tell whether the positive was due to exposure to the virus or vaccination and it confirmed that mine was due to vaccination. Quite a relief to know and although I 100% trusted the science it's nice to have a scientific confirmation that the vaccine did its job. It won't make me alter my behavior (for now, anyway), but it certainly takes a lot of the stress and worry away.

That's fantastic. I know quite a few people who volunteered for the vaccine trial and have been doing monthly antibody testing and still showing positive results 6 months later. Fuck yeah science!

One of my friends in the Pfizer trial just got his booster shot last week.

One of my friends in the Pfizer trial just got his booster shot last week.

Also great news. I'm grateful for people willing to make that sacrifice.

Generic question - but if someone volunteers for a trial, and god forbid something goes fatally wrong, would their life insurance still pay out?

Just got back from Maui. Walgreens offers the tests, and gave the results back in 2 hours.

Took about 45 seconds to make a website profile and upload the results. They then emailed a QR code to you so they could quickly scan it to verify you on entry.

Got the second dose of vaccine yesterday. Feeling not awesome but not horrible. Headache, light chills, groggy.

Wait, so is there a way that NC can force yankee states to submit some negative disease test or an IQ test before allowing admission, especially from Ohio ? Just asking because Hawaii is a state and it seems like we should be able to enforce our states' rights just like them. I'm tired of seeing this state overrun with shitstain people from the north, as our infrastructure des not support it. I need to hire DR to make a commerce clause argument so DeacsPop can go to Hawaii. If it fails I think we have precedent for erecting barriers to entry from other states; but hey, I am not a lawyer.

So, if Texas and California were to close their southern borders to prevent the spread of COVID, it sounds like everyone here would be okay with that.

I don't feel like NC has a lot of room to talk shit about intelligence with their middle-of-the-road public education rankings

From a friend who just got back from Hawaii. This how you handle Hawaii’s protocols in a grateful manner.

c23b49ed835ef59fceff056b813e7efe.jpg

I do think there is one island one Hawaii that you can't get to even if you have a negative test and a vaccine, that does sound extreme.

There’s a lot of room and precedent within public health emergencies to do things that are a constitutional gray area. In the beginning a lot of states were considering complete quarantine (mostly telling people from NY to go fuck themselves) but the idea was shelved pretty quickly because nobody really wanted the fight. Also the power of state public health emergency orders had never actually been held up to the same extent as federal orders.

There’s a lot of room and precedent within public health emergencies to do things that are a constitutional gray area. In the beginning a lot of states were considering complete quarantine (mostly telling people from NY to go fuck themselves) but the idea was shelved pretty quickly because nobody really wanted the fight. Also the power of state public health emergency orders had never actually been held up to the same extent as federal orders.

Gotcha ! Calling DR right now.

I do think there is one island one Hawaii that you can't get to even if you have a negative test and a vaccine, that does sound extreme.

Depends on which Island. Lanai is essentially privately owned, used to be entirely owned by the Dole Pineapple company, but now I think it is owned by an uber rich person and access to the island was highly regulated well before COVID. Ni'ihau off the West coast of Kuai is also privately owned with access basically restricted to the Robinson family since the 1860's

Depends on which Island. Lanai is essentially privately owned, used to be entirely owned by the Dole Pineapple company, but now I think it is owned by an uber rich person and access to the island was highly regulated well before COVID. Ni'ihau off the West coast of Kuai is also privately owned with access basically restricted to the Robinson family since the 1860's

Larry Ellison owns almost the entire island but it was not tough to visit before COVID.

Back