• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Gotta hope 75% will take it, but I don’t think that will happen.

is there a point where we just throw up our hands and say to hell with the anti-vaxxers? They don't want to wear masks either, so once everyone has gotten a vaccination that wants one, we move on just like the flu season. Some people will get it, some will die - just like every flu season. I refuse to continue sitting in my house forever because of idiots who won't get a shot because they think there's a microchip in it or something equally asinine.

is there a point where we just throw up our hands and say to hell with the anti-vaxxers? They don't want to wear masks either, so once everyone has gotten a vaccination that wants one, we move on just like the flu season. Some people will get it, some will die - just like every flu season. I refuse to continue sitting in my house forever because of idiots who won't get a shot because they think there's a microchip in it or something equally asinine.

well yeah, this is my take which I've mentioned elsewhere. Especially given that healthcare workers have had a chance to vaccinate up. If we get to a point where anti-vaxxers run out of oxygen India style, so be it. And that point seems to be no more than 2 months away, as it's been about 2 weeks since the vaccine has been open to everyone but let's allow for like a month to get everyone scheduled that wants one.

I've seen random studies that suggest that you can be in a place with everyone masked up and go 20 hours without transmission, or you can go to a kareoke bar and you last 3 minutes unmasked. We basically just have to decide whether we want to never talk to people unmasked ever again or not.

Last edited:
Do you have a link to those studies?

Do you have a link to those studies?

I read so many articles on it as I'm sort of in charge of the reopening from an HR/Safety standpoint, unfortunately not able to find it again quickly. But it basically said you can be sitting around masked for a shockingly long period of time, and you can be in a place loudly talking/singing for a shockingly short period of time. I'm fairly sure 20 hours and a few minutes were the two durations mentioned.

That’s fascinating. I think that’s a good way of presenting the risks.

A fully vaccinated buddy of mine has got the COVID. Not a "serious" case, but still a fever of 101.

the best argument against "to hell with it" re: the anti-vaxers is the mutation potential

I don't know the science on it, so I could be wrong, but that seems to be the main concern

the best argument against "to hell with it" re: the anti-vaxers is the mutation potential

I don't know the science on it, so I could be wrong, but that seems to be the main concern

I guess 573,000 deaths isn't significant enough?

I don't understand the question

I'm talking about a world where everyone is either vaccinated or has chosen not to be vaccinated

I don't understand the question

I'm talking about a world where everyone is either vaccinated or has chosen not to be vaccinated

I'm saying an excellent rebuttal against "to hell with it" is it's killed over half a million people already. If vaccination can keep another half million from dying (or even 1 person), mutations don't even need to enter the picture.

I'm saying an excellent rebuttal against "to hell with it" is it's killed over half a million people already. If vaccination can keep another half million from dying (or even 1 person), mutations don't even need to enter the picture.

I think a lot of those people have the mindset of "those were mostly old people that died - if I get it I'll by fine; at worst it will be like the flu." Seems like many of these selfish people only think about how it impacts them. They are too dumb to understand the concept of getting it but being mostly OK but passing it on to someone who ends up being mostly OK but passing it on to someone who ends up not being OK. Or passing it on to someone who works at a restaurant and who then gets 3 other employees sick, so the restaurant has to shut down for 5 days.

I think a lot of those people have the mindset of "those were mostly old people that died - if I get it I'll by fine; at worst it will be like the flu." Seems like many of these selfish people only think about how it impacts them. They are too dumb to understand the concept of getting it but being mostly OK but passing it on to someone who ends up being mostly OK but passing it on to someone who ends up not being OK. Or passing it on to someone who works at a restaurant and who then gets 3 other employees sick, so the restaurant has to shut down for 5 days.

urkel.png

Getting moderna 2 today

Then it’s all smooches all day

Getting moderna 2 today

Then it’s all smooches all day

my first symptom was around 4AM waking up hot, rest of the day sucked, then was fine by your Monday. (though I did nap a bit Monday-Wednesday which was unusual for me)

Back