• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

A year ago, even six months ago we couldn’t have imagined 12 year olds getting vaccinated in the middle of May. Can’t take that for granted.

Meet the Four Kinds of People Holding Us Back From Full Vaccination

After conducting a national survey of U.S. adults, we grouped people into distinct profiles based on their shared beliefs and barriers to getting the vaccine. This approach, borrowed from the marketing world, is called psychobehavioral segmentation. It will allow health officials to target their strategies in ways that ignore demographic categories, like age and race. In the United States, we used this approach to identify five distinct personas: the Enthusiasts, the Watchful, the Cost-Anxious, the System Distrusters and the Covid Skeptics.

People in each segment share some beliefs and barriers about Covid-19 vaccination. And each persona includes at least some of every demographic: Republicans, Black people, the middle class, young people and others.

Here are the groups health officials need to reach — and how to reach them, based on their fears, concerns and barriers.

16 for 16 on brain scrapes. Anyone have me beat?

Also, I got vaccinated months ago and I still have to do brain stabbing before I get on a plane, when can I pull this card out of my wallet and use that instead?

Also, I got vaccinated months ago and I still have to do brain stabbing before I get on a plane, when can I pull this card out of my wallet and use that instead?

Believe I am up around 30/30. Not all brain scrapes, though. Mostly saliva testing.

I have a perfect score as well. We get tested every week along with a strict mask policy and temp checks at every door. The actual tests have been a breeze... 5 swirls around each nostril and I get results via an app in 15 mins.

Believe I am up around 30/30. Not all brain scrapes, though. Mostly saliva testing.

Pfizer test subject has entered the chat.

my co-op board yesterday voted to remove the mask requirement in the outdoor courtyard for vaccinated people

we're really following the science over here

At bar. No masks. It’s over. Yes, I know it’s Monday night but this place is packed.

My personal policy continues to be to wear a mask inside, no mask outside (unless I am walking from my car into a store and put it on outside). Even my work doesn't require masks now if you're fully vaxxed, but I'll continue to wear one because I'm only there for about 15 min a week anyway.

I'm done worrying about anti-vaxxers. I'm vaxxed and have seen how easily accessible the vax is for everybody now where I live. Myself, wife, and 2 teenagers are fully vaxxed in my house. If somebody wants to be all Covid-y and hang out at a bar I'm at, I should be fine. They may not be and that's on them. If somebody wants to pull a Rand Paul and refuse the vax because they've already had Covid, well I guess I get that. If you don't want to get one because of unknown side effects or some shit like that, have fun dealing with the unknown side effects of Covid when/if that time comes because I'm probably not going to change your mind.

I'm also done worrying about knuckleheads who think they may be IDed as a particular political party based on whether or not they wear a mask. People just give way too many fucks about what others think about them.

I'm done living in fear. Just tell me when I need to get my third shot as a booster and I'll get that done. If I have to get additional boosters every year or something, then I'll do that.

I do worry someone will eventually confront me for going maskless outside

Back