• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

We just did a lot of social distancing in the restaurants and ate outside a lot. I guess my timing is probably a little off for when I started going back to restaurants, but it was a long time ago. Probably in the fall when things started opening back up.

I'm O Positive and have blue eyes so I think I'm pretty immune.

I'm O Positive and have blue eyes so I think I'm pretty immune.

Oh, I didn't realize this. In that case, as long as you are taking vitamin D, then you're good to go. But if you do get covid, remember to take your ivermectin.

So they decrease the spread of COVID. This protects vulnerable people and decreases the chance of new potent variants.

I’m not going to mask because dumbasses don’t get vaxxed.

If you have the vaccine covid doesn’t kill.

This. And those not vaxxed want things to return as normal.

Seems the only thing preventing us from resuming as normal is that hospitals aren’t ready to turn the idiots away if they can’t handle a covid surge on top of normal activities. I say let the hospitals turn them away.

We’re already seeing that in Louisiana , Arkansas and the like vaccination rates are going up. The Republican idiots thought they could be all anti govt and the rest of us getting vaxxed would make it go away so they could have their cake and eat it too.

Now they’re knowing people affected, add in the concept that we ain’t gonna care for them if they get sick and the hospitals can’t handle it and that’s the only chance to actually get vaccination rates up to the 80-90% needed for it to go away.

It’s not hard to wear a mask when indoors and in close proximity to others in public settings.

Of course it’s also not hard to get vaccinated and everyone should.

Last edited:
Back to wearing masks in the work building again. I'm glad my "office" is in the satellite truck out in the parking lot.

Those are not the vulnerable people I was referring to. I was referring to old or immunocompromised people that don’t mount a response to the vaccine. Even though they are vaccinated, these people can still die from Covid. I’m also referring to children under 12 with underlying conditions (muscular dystrophy, cystic fibrosis, etc). These individuals are at risk for severe Covid, but they currently cannot be vaccinated.

Those are not the vulnerable people I was referring to. I was referring to old or immunocompromised people that don’t mount a response to the vaccine. Even though they are vaccinated, these people can still die from Covid. I’m also referring to children under 12 with underlying conditions (muscular dystrophy, cystic fibrosis, etc). These individuals are at risk for severe Covid, but they currently cannot be vaccinated.

Yea but aren't these people knocking on deaths door anyways? Like in a normal life scenario they should always take precautions.

If the bar is to make sure the immunocompromised folks are safe then we need social distancing and masks forever.

Also do we know if non symptomatic vaccinated people spread the delta variant? This seems important.

Also do we know if non symptomatic vaccinated people spread the delta variant? This seems important.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/health/covid-cdc-delta-masks.html?referringSource=articleShare

The amount of virus in a person infected with Delta is a thousandfold more than what is seen in people infected with the original version of the virus, according to one recent study.

The C.D.C. document relies on data from multiple studies, including an analysis of a recent outbreak in Provincetown, Mass., which began after the town’s Fourth of July festivities. By Thursday, that cluster had grown to 882 cases. About 74 percent were vaccinated, local health officials have said.

Detailed analysis of the spread of cases showed that people infected with Delta carry enormous amounts of virus in their nose and throat, regardless of vaccination status, according to the C.D.C. document.

Yea but aren't these people knocking on deaths door anyways? Like in a normal life scenario they should always take precautions.

If the bar is to make sure the immunocompromised folks are safe then we need social distancing and masks forever.

No, many of these people will live normal lives for decades. Many people have autoimmune diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's, lupus, etc.) and take immune-suppressing meds, but they are otherwise working and doing well. Most of these people were vaccinated, but some don't mount an immune response, so they are still vulnerable. There is a large number of people in the US that either took the vaccine, or are too young to get it, and are vulnerable to covid.

The delta variant looks like it will peak in the US in about 2 weeks (a little longer is some parts of the country), so I recommend wearing a mask indoors when around others for that time.

Why aren't we just showing videos from the ICU of how bad it is 24/7 to motivate the unvaxxed to get vaxxed? It seems like there's very little video out there.

I don't think I am close with a single person who is anti-vax.

How stupid half of america is, is wild to me.

I didn’t honestly realize how soft America was until everyone started complaining about wearing masks. I wore one every workday for 7-9 hours a day for seven months and it was no problem at all.

If you can’t handle wearing a mask then you’re soft as shit

My 9 year old automatically puts on his mask whenever we leave the house and doesn’t take it off except to eat. Because that’s the safe and responsible thing to do.

My 9 year old automatically puts on his mask whenever we leave the house and doesn’t take it off except to eat. Because that’s the safe and responsible thing to do.

I've got a kid that does the same. He wears his mask because it protects others, and he has stated as much. When parents flip out about kids wearing masks in schools, and how it "harms" their social development, I think about the empathy the kids have learned while protecting others. I certainly hope the COVID numbers go down and the kids can ditch the masks this fall, but those claiming masks are harming kids are being overly dramatic (big surprise).

I didn’t honestly realize how soft America was until everyone started complaining about wearing masks. I wore one every workday for 7-9 hours a day for seven months and it was no problem at all.

If you can’t handle wearing a mask then you’re soft as shit

This

Back