• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Mark Cuban covering arena staff salaries during NBA season suspension. :thumbsup: No other owner has followed his lead.:mad:

Zion Williamson put up $100k toward Pelican arena staff salaries. :cool: Pelicans ownership silent.:rulz:

Sir Richard Branson begging British government for $upport for Virgin Airways, yet he is asking VA employees to take 8 weeks unpaid. :fu:

When a 19 year old kid covers your responsibility, you should be ashamed.

Thanks for something positive

It's early but I am hearing those that take hydrocloroquine no longer test positive after 6 days. Also saying that taking a dose preemptively could work like a vaccine.

We will see.

Odds that one of these meds work? Sounds promising, or do these researchers commonly get ahead of themselves are far as something working?

I guess when panic sets in, don't remember that humans are really frickin smart

I was freaked out about nuclear war with the USSR, particularly after watching The Day After movie in the early 80s, but I was a kid. This is the most freaked out I’ve been as an adult, hands down.

I'm not worried at all about the virus. It will pass with far less catastrophic results than expected. But the Soviet thing really messed me up as a kid.

I'm not worried at all about the virus. It will pass with far less catastrophic results than expected. But the Soviet thing really messed me up as a kid.

Try growing up in Alaska during that time. We practiced "nuke drills" frequently in school.

humblebrag/I'm Infrastructure Director for an 18-month old company of about 1000 domestic users across 4 factories and 6 sites. I helped stand the company up and designed the systems with the application team, and insisted on little to no server infrastructure whatsoever, all SaaS and PaaS based systems and laptops/tablets etc so the transition to home-based work this weekend has been smooth sailing, I'm so glad Im not fucking around with all those VPNs and RDP sessions and people's shitty home computers/networks. Your IT guys are hating the next few weeks humblebrag/

Nice. I think it's especially hard on our large office in India. Something like 2000 employees there and not all even had home computers.

The India mention has made me wonder how they've not (so far) been majorly affected. I doubt there's any country where people are more densely around other people.

The India mention has made me wonder how they've not (so far) been majorly affected. I doubt there's any country where people are more densely around other people.

I think it was the other thread where I posted about temperature and humidity lowering the rate of transmission.

Temperature. What I am hearing is that there is a prime temperature for the damn virus to thrive. Average temp of 40-50 degrees.

Warmer or colder and transmission of the virus seems much more muted.

I have no concerns about the virus.

I'm bummed about the stock market and what it looks like for the next 4 months.

I have no concerns about the virus.

I'm bummed about the stock market and what it looks like for the next 4 months.

Yep. This panic is going to cost a lot of lives when you look at the effect of poverty and loss of incomes.

Yep. This panic is going to cost a lot of lives when you look at the effect of poverty and loss of incomes.

Poverty and loss of incomes also happen when the stock market is doing well.

Mark Cuban covering arena staff salaries during NBA season suspension. :thumbsup: No other owner has followed his lead.:mad:

Zion Williamson put up $100k toward Pelican arena staff salaries. :cool: Pelicans ownership silent.:rulz:

Sir Richard Branson begging British government for $upport for Virgin Airways, yet he is asking VA employees to take 8 weeks unpaid. :fu:

When a 19 year old kid covers your responsibility, you should be ashamed.

He was easy to hate because he went to Dook under shady-ass circumstances, but he really seems like a good dude who loves life. Much harder to hate now that he's out of Durham.

Back