• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Why aren't we just showing videos from the ICU of how bad it is 24/7 to motivate the unvaxxed to get vaxxed? It seems like there's very little video out there.

There was that guy on CBS a week or so ago who was in the hospital with Covid saying he'd risk it all again. You can't fix that

Why is it that the only people who don't complain about wearing masks are children, many of whom spent a year doing so even while playing sports?

Yea but aren't these people knocking on deaths door anyways? Like in a normal life scenario they should always take precautions.

If the bar is to make sure the immunocompromised folks are safe then we need social distancing and masks forever.

Why does it require so much evidence and justification to do something really simple and painless that might help another person out or even save a life? Like, you incurring the minor inconvenience of wearing a mask indoors decreases the probability that someone else die a little bit, so just do it.

Exactly. We can stop a global pandemic by getting vaccines and wearing masks. So simple.

The people not doing this or not encouraging it would just rather keep the pandemic going.

Why is it that the only people who don't complain about wearing masks are children, many of whom spent a year doing so even while playing sports?

I was chatting with a patient in his 70s today, he asked if my kids had to wear masks in preschool. When I told him they did, he started complaining about how ridiculous it was. Do you know who has never complained that it was ridiculous? My kids.

Kids are way more resilient and flexible than adults give them credit for.

Republicans are whining about the mask mandates because we can unequivocally point to their followers as the reason why we have to go through this shit again.

Kids often have more common sense than adults who are often governed by tradition, cultural norms, politics, and other BS.

As someone that’s been dealing with this for about 18 months and like so many people in my position I’m just so fucking tired of it. Bitch about wearing a mask while your selfish actions mean I need to continue to wear comprehensive PPE that’s far more cumbersome for much longer durations than your grocery trip. You live in a society, one that freely provided you a way out of this, a solution the rest of the the world would kill to have access to. Nope can’t do it, and here we go again, meetings about preparing covid surge teams. Fuck all those people, I’ll see you when you’re sick.

Major hospitals canceling non-emergency or urgent surgeries, just like in March 2020

Key statement:

“Alex Morse, town manager of Provincetown, said on Twitter that of the some 900 cases now linked to the cluster, "there have been no deaths, 7 hospitalizations, and the symptoms are largely mild."”

Last edited:
I’m vaccinated and I’m not wearing a mask. Fuck that shit and fuck the school system that forces my vaccinated kids to wear a mask on an 8-1 vote when every surrounding county is mask optional. We’re not getting to 75% vaccinated, so get over it.

Biff out here singing “Part of Your World” about Gaston County.

I’m vaccinated and I’m not wearing a mask. Fuck that shit and fuck the school system that forces my vaccinated kids to wear a mask on an 8-1 vote when every surrounding county is mask optional. We’re not getting to 75% vaccinated, so get over it.

Does 75% vaccinated even matter? LA is close to that and still in the midst of a huge surge

If your high risk wear an N95 mask in public. If your vaccinated what the fuck is the point. Worse than that telling people who got vaccinated they still have to wear makes and social distance all but guarantees anyone on the fence isn’t going to get one.

The best hope we have is to get the people on the fence over the line in vaccines, and we get delta boosters.

Well we told people who were vaccinated they didn’t have to wear masks and unvaccinated people stopped wearing masks too. An honor system doesn’t work when people have no honor.

Well we told people who were vaccinated they didn’t have to wear masks and unvaccinated people stopped wearing masks too. An honor system doesn’t work when people have no honor.

Well then let those dumbass’s die.

Back