• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Rationing care based on poor decisions in ones past is not a road anyone should want to go down

Enough with the hospitals stopping elective surgeries. Just straight up stop treating unvaxxed people for COVID and let's be done with it.

I see this written a lot on the internet. As beachbumdeac states, that's not how healthcare works. We treat people for lung cancer, even if they smoked their entire life. We treat people for heart attacks, even if they are overweight. We treat people for shingles, even if they did not get the shingles vaccine. Denying care to unvaxxed people who develop COVID isn't an option.

I’m vaccinated and I’m not wearing a mask. Fuck that shit and fuck the school system that forces my vaccinated kids to wear a mask on an 8-1 vote when every surrounding county is mask optional. We’re not getting to 75% vaccinated, so get over it.

You should wear a mask for the next 2-4 weeks, while the delta variant surges in the US. Schools where kids don't wear masks are going to have a lot of COVID in late August and early September.

The Swedes did the world a huge favor last year. They screwed their citizens, but they did the world a huge favor. They set up a great natural experiment in regards to COVID and masking. Sweden did not encouraging masking, while their neighbors on both sides, Norway and Finland, did. This allowed us to compare death rates across these 3 countries, which have similar population densities, obesity rates, mean ages, climates, etc. Some swedes still wore masks, but only 12% used them "always," whereas in Norway and Finland 44% wore them "always." This resulted in a "death per million" rate of 1438 in Sweden and only 158 in Norway and Finland. To date, Sweden has 9 times the death rate of their Nordic neighbors.

I see this written a lot on the internet. As beachbumdeac states, that's not how healthcare works. We treat people for lung cancer, even if they smoked their entire life. We treat people for heart attacks, even if they are overweight. We treat people for shingles, even if they did not get the shingles vaccine. Denying care to unvaxxed people who develop COVID isn't an option.

yeah but smoking and drinking is american, so we should treat those. It's clear we need more incentive to get people vaxxed in order for there to be herd immunity. I guarantee we get to 90% vaxxed with just the threat of not treating you if you get sick. You can see it in the increased vaccination rates in states like LA/AR

I’m vaccinated and I’m not wearing a mask. Fuck that shit and fuck the school system that forces my vaccinated kids to wear a mask on an 8-1 vote when every surrounding county is mask optional. We’re not getting to 75% vaccinated, so get over it.

Then move to union county and quit whining

So after sitting next to a covid positive person massless inside for four hours, I officially tested negative 5 days later.

I’m raw dogging it here on out.

Think rj knows this guy?

Think rj knows this guy?

dude can make a billboard though

OCR-L-BASILICOS-0930.dk_.02-1.jpg

My son's daycare class is closed for the next two weeks because a kid in it had a positive test. Thankfully my son was not exposed since we were on vacation last week, but this sucks. His grandparents are gonna take him next week but I will be very unproductive this week at home with him, and I've got plenty to do since I was out last week.

As someone that’s been dealing with this for about 18 months and like so many people in my position I’m just so fucking tired of it. Bitch about wearing a mask while your selfish actions mean I need to continue to wear comprehensive PPE that’s far more cumbersome for much longer durations than your grocery trip. You live in a society, one that freely provided you a way out of this, a solution the rest of the the world would kill to have access to. Nope can’t do it, and here we go again, meetings about preparing covid surge teams. Fuck all those people, I’ll see you when you’re sick.
Is there actually a large group of healthcare workers fighting the vaccine mandates, or is that just right wing propaganda?

Is there actually a large group of healthcare workers fighting the vaccine mandates, or is that just right wing propaganda?

Just spent the week with my bro in law who is an oral surgeon in Vegas and he said that probably about half of his office staff is vaxxed, including nurses and admin people.

There was a small group of healthcare workers who sued a hospital in Texas that was one of the first to do a mandate. They lost their court case. I think less than 1% of their staff ended up resigning or being fired over it.

Just spent the week with my bro in law who is an oral surgeon in Vegas and he said that probably about half of his office staff is vaxxed, including nurses and admin people.

Girlfriend said her doctor wasn’t wearing a mask yesterday.

Back