• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

aren't there like a ton of vaxes mandated to go to school for kids? I guess that's why anti-vaxers were a thing for years now, but seems like the number of anti-vaxers just exploded around this one

I wonder if that will carry over into the larger anti-vax culture

Last edited:
aren't there like a ton of vaxes mandated to go to school for kids? I guess that's why anti-vaxers were a thing for years now, but seems like the number of anti-vaxers just exploded around this one

I wonder if that will carry over into the larger anti-vax culture

Assuredly so, which is going to suck. Fauci says we'd still have Polio fairly rampant today if there was as much of an anti-vax sentiment back then as there is now.

Lollapalooza required proof of vaccination or recent negative Covid test. They thanked te many attendees, and apparently turned away 600 who had neither proof of vaccination nor recent negative test paperwork.

NYC requiring vaccination proof to use indoor facilities, and Tyson Foods to require all employees to get vaccinated. This is what it's going to take - make it painful to stay unvaccinated.

If you are unvaccinated you're an idiot. Full stop.

NYC requiring vaccination proof to use indoor facilities, and Tyson Foods to require all employees to get vaccinated. This is what it's going to take - make it painful to stay unvaccinated.

If you are unvaccinated you're an idiot. Full stop.

Yea but god damn what a pain in the ass for Vaccinated people to have to show an ID and vaccination card everywhere they go.

I have yet to go anywhere that requires vaccination proof, how does it work? Do you just show that handwritten card? Is there something more you need to have?

Yea but god damn what a pain in the ass for Vaccinated people to have to show an ID and vaccination card everywhere they go.

I have yet to go anywhere that requires vaccination proof, how does it work? Do you just show that handwritten card? Is there something more you need to have?

This seems extremely easy, not a pain in the ass. Perhaps you were joking?

Wondering if a picture on a phone works (as long as the name matches the ID shown) or if that's too easy to photoshop.

Also, my boss is quite sick and thinks he has COVID, despite being vaccinated. Getting tested right about now. He's the man, so he better not get got. Joseph Smith will protect him, hopefully (he's LDS).

What else would there be for proof? It doesn’t seem like that big a deal though.

I saw SoulCycle's parent company will require proof too but that you only have to show it once & when your membership is scanned or whatever, it'll say that you are vaxxed.

who needs ethics when you have pinball machines

How many times are you going to tell an adult not to play in traffic before you just say "Fuck it" ?

the better metaphor would probably be "would you treat an adult who got hit by a car even though you knew it was dangerous to play in traffic, you told them, and they didn't listen to you because they thought they wouldn't get hit"

No, some of them are denying that there are even cars. They're also saying that if they get hit by a car it won't hurt.

hence why we need vax passports. these cards are super easy to forge.

and I say this as someone who (unfortunately) checks Gab, GETTR and /r/Conspiracy p regularly so I've seen the args in multitude

their inability to process what's happening feels like a part of the epidemic (or at least a more nefarious symptom of modern living the epidemic is throwing into sharp relief), not as something we need to ignore (let 'em die!) to get past the pandemic

and I say this as someone who (unfortunately) checks Gab, GETTR and /r/Conspiracy p regularly so I've seen the args in multitude

their inability to process what's happening feels like a part of the epidemic (or at least a more nefarious symptom of modern living the epidemic is throwing into sharp relief), not as something we need to ignore (let 'em die!) to get past the pandemic

Nope, let someone they know die faster and then we might have a chance of getting people vaxxed with herd immunity. Nothing else is gonna do it at this point.

Back