• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Its really hard to keep things non-political when the response to something of this magnitude can only be dealt with by federal and state governments. Additionally as I posted before in the political coronavirus thread the attempts to downplay the severity does just as much disservice as attempts to amplify it and probably comes about from a place of insecurity and feeling of helplessness, where the truth is somewhere in the middle. It is a pandemic, people will die, lives will be disrupted but its not the apocalypse that is always shown in movies.

2&2 is going to flip shit if there are mandatory school closures, im here for it.

It's the flu with a name. There have been bad cases of unnamed flu in previous years and nobody cared much. Marketing is everything. The whole world is acting like the South with a snow forecast. This is going to run its course, probably worldwide, and be pretty much like a regular flu - fever, cough, and unfortunately kill some of the elderly.

Imagine how politically charged the Italian and South Korean OGBoards threads are!

Be quiet and let the medical professionals talk.

I look forward to Coronavirus round table discussion featuring awaken, 2&2, and hopefully we can get the wall street virologist if he has time.

Interestingly enough it appears kids are less affected, and children under two don't appear to even be contracting the virus.

Very strange.

They are just little petri dishes for every other fucking bug on the planet.

Speaking with an infectious disease doctor last week gave me some comfort - no one under 20 is really getting the virus (and if they do it's a minor cold), so I feel good about my kids' chances. As for my chances - I'm fairly healthy mid-40s dude with no pre-existing conditions, so I'm not sweating it. It's hard to believe what comes out of China and our media. Wash your hands - you'll be fine. Just my 2 cents.

I should know better - but what has the “media” reported that you don’t believe, and why?

As a parent of two toddlers, every room in my house and both cars have a bottle of hand sanitizer already present. Suck on that, virus.

not trying to be a dick and I don't know anything about epidemiology, so I ask this earnestly: what is the value in persistent hand sanitization in the home?

are you afraid that someone in the home has it already and you're protecting the others? because otherwise, it only spreads between humans, no?

No, sick kids suck for lots of reasons and keeping at least one or both from getting sick is worth it.

not trying to be a dick and I don't know anything about epidemiology, so I ask this earnestly: what is the value in persistent hand sanitization in the home?

are you afraid that someone in the home has it already and you're protecting the others? because otherwise, it only spreads between humans, no?

Dude, is this serious question ? When you have four people living under the same roof and one starts puking their brains out and another has to clean it up, you all wash your hands. My son had a stomach virus a couple of weeks ago. He started puking at 10 AM on a Saturday after his two friends who spent the night were leaving. I had to clean up two pukes but never got it and no one else in our house got it. One of his friends came down with it though.

no, I mean, once everyone is in the home and asymptomatic and has sanitized the once, what's the value in continued sanitization? why have "sanitizer in every room"?

no, I mean, once everyone is in the home and asymptomatic and has sanitized the once, what's the value in continued sanitization? why have "sanitizer in every room"?

Because you can be contagious before displaying symptoms or just asymptomatic, but still contagious

Last edited:
Back