• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Dad is all good now. I credit this board and the folks here on helping me get hooked up with Regeneron. Without it, I don't know what would have happened.

Those of you who PM'd me or otherwise repped/helped me get it for him, next game we're at together, you're drinking for free.

Dad is all good now. I credit this board and the folks here on helping me get hooked up with Regeneron. Without it, I don't know what would have happened.

Those of you who PM'd me or otherwise repped/helped me get it for him, next game we're at together, you're drinking for free.

Great update - good to hear!

Even with the glorious benefit of hindsight, I was pretty dead-nuts on. Statistically speaking, if you don't have a comorbidity you have never really had much to worry about different from any other bad luck of life situation. Ain't my fault there are so many lardasses around. For everyone else, get your pflacebo like you would any other vaccine, ignore the media on both sides, and life as usual. Sorry if you got the sniffles for a few days or that Tobacco Road has repeatedly proven to be a shitty doctor whose patients kick under his watch. Ball don't lie.

wtf?

Even with the glorious benefit of hindsight, I was pretty dead-nuts on. Statistically speaking, if you don't have a comorbidity you have never really had much to worry about different from any other bad luck of life situation. Ain't my fault there are so many lardasses around. For everyone else, get your pflacebo like you would any other vaccine, ignore the media on both sides, and life as usual. Sorry if you got the sniffles for a few days or that Tobacco Road has repeatedly proven to be a shitty doctor whose patients kick under his watch. Ball don't lie.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Bout to announce the vaccine mandate at work today. Gonna be a fun next few days!

Get your first dose in a week, sans medical or religious exemption

Wow. At my wife's work they gave them around a three month window, and they even extended that by a couple weeks. Seven days is pretty rough, though at this point, anyone who was planning to get it already has anyway.

Wow. At my wife's work they gave them around a three month window, and they even extended that by a couple weeks. Seven days is pretty rough, though at this point, anyone who was planning to get it already has anyway.

It was structured in a way that we're returning to the office a couple days a week in 6 weeks, and those folks need to be fully vaccinated at that time. But yeah, pretty much means ya need to get it done next week, and here's the heads up. We did waver and want to give 2 weeks to get it, but that pushed our return to office plans back even further and it's already been a year and a half out of the office. It's pretty much walk up and get it at this point, right? Not sure why anyone would need 3 months to get it done.

Reported cases in LA have stayed elevated but stubbornly hasn't moved much in the past month or two. I probably said this before, but I feel like the ease and availability of the 15 minute $25 at home tests just HAS to be drastically underreporting the cases.

It was structured in a way that we're returning to the office a couple days a week in 6 weeks, and those folks need to be fully vaccinated at that time. But yeah, pretty much means ya need to get it done next week, and here's the heads up. We did waver and want to give 2 weeks to get it, but that pushed our return to office plans back even further and it's already been a year and a half out of the office. It's pretty much walk up and get it at this point, right? Not sure why anyone would need 3 months to get it done.

I think their mandate was put in place in June with a 9/1 compliance date. So maybe a bit more understandable in June for a longer window.

Going to be a big spike in cases in NC and VA based on the attendance in Charlotte for the ECU/APP, Clem/UGA, as well as the game in Blacksburg.

There’s some evidence and hypothetical rationale to the idea that blood types A and AB may predispose to more infection and serious illness with Covid-19.

But more study is needed.

NYT article claiming 1 in 5,000 chance of a breakthrough case

was surprised it was that low -- feels like the chance is defs greater based on #anecdotes

Back