• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

our daycare has moved to having someone out front to take in/bring out your kid. wife is at work this week but doing to start teaching remotely next week so not sure if we'll still bring him in or not.

It has to be asked. Did Brews start this to get out of his wedding?

our daycare has moved to having someone out front to take in/bring out your kid. wife is at work this week but doing to start teaching remotely next week so not sure if we'll still bring him in or not.

Same. TinyBaby's very first day at daycare was Monday (I just came off maternity a couple weeks ago) and we took her in, mostly because we'd built up anticipation of the process; plus, husband and I both had to actually get a reasonable amount of stuff done. They'd already started a process of having people come out for the kids, but since it was first day/she's an infant, we were allowed to go in but had to remove shoes. Yesterday she went in for a half day so I could get as much done as possible in the morning. Last night we made the call to not bring her in anymore. It's certainly not the convenient choice, but I'm more personally at peace with this decision from a sense of civic duty. IMO, we're all going to have to make some uncomfortable choices for a little while.

A friend went to pick up a prescription at a "full service" medical building. There was a guard front asking him if he was coming for a test or had any symptoms. He told the guy he was picking up a prescription and was let into the building.

Wife scored a 6-pack of Charmin Mega-Roll at a CVS in Union County.

Hey guys. I officially don't give a fuck whether Manning is our basketball coach next year.

Same. TinyBaby's very first day at daycare was Monday (I just came off maternity a couple weeks ago) and we took her in, mostly because we'd built up anticipation of the process; plus, husband and I both had to actually get a reasonable amount of stuff done. They'd already started a process of having people come out for the kids, but since it was first day/she's an infant, we were allowed to go in but had to remove shoes. Yesterday she went in for a half day so I could get as much done as possible in the morning. Last night we made the call to not bring her in anymore. It's certainly not the convenient choice, but I'm more personally at peace with this decision from a sense of civic duty. IMO, we're all going to have to make some uncomfortable choices for a little while.

yeah. selfishly I wonder if this means we'll get into our top choice daycare earlier (they were saying May/June prob). you always hear stories of people getting on daycare lists as soon as they know they're pregnant, but no one seems to have sympathy for adoptive parents even though we didn't know when we'd get a kid and what age 12 months or younger.

7 High Point city council members are in quarantine after being potentially exposed at the National League of Cities conference last week in DC.

One lives a street over from me.

Damn, my cousin just officially tested positive for it. He's 34 and has been in the ICU since yesterday (he also has asthma), lives in NJ and works in NYC. Guess it was just a matter of time before this hit someone I know.

Damn, my cousin just officially tested positive for it. He's 34 and has been in the ICU since yesterday (he also has asthma), lives in NJ and works in NYC. Guess it was just a matter of time before this hit someone I know.

How long have ya known he was sick? I.E. time of sickness to time in the ICU?

Hope he's doing better.

Olympics will go on as planned. That’s gotta be good news, right?

It sounds like a great idea to gather the most fit people in each country in the world together in close quarters in the midst of a pandemic for our entertainment !

We know Gobert has tested positive. Is Mitchell on the US team?

Good luck getting Olympians to social distance in the dorms.

Back