• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Got the Moderna booster yesterday. Was a little lethargic in the evening but felt fine this morning. Had the J&J in April and had to take off the next day after that one because I felt so shitty.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Kristy pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/boosters

Got a same day appointment Saturday for the booster through the state website. Mild side fx Sunday morning, fine by Sunday afternoon. I get the feeling we'll be doing this a lot in the coming years, but this went much smoother than rounds 1 & 2.

Seriously, how long are these people in close contact with a deer outside that they're passing the coronavirus back and forth ? Are they inviting them into the kitchen or something ?

Seriously, how long are these people in close contact with a deer outside that they're passing the coronavirus back and forth ? Are they inviting them into the kitchen or something ?

You ever seen the tongue on a doe? That image will do things to a man, Biff. Burns into your soul.

Any thoughts on stacking the booster and flu shot at the same time? Any concerns other than potentially magnifying how shitty you feel? I'm trying to decide if I should get them at the same time or stagger them.

Any thoughts on stacking the booster and flu shot at the same time? Any concerns other than potentially magnifying how shitty you feel? I'm trying to decide if I should get them at the same time or stagger them.

wife did it and had 2 sore arms and was kinda lethargic next day but NBD. if it had been a workday she would've gone in.

And cough on them?

There is probably some elevated susceptibility in deer. Like, people cough on the deer food and the deer get it an hour later even though it would be really unlikely for another human to catch it that way. Susceptibility would vary by species.

probably a not too infrequent occurrence of people who hit a deer with their car on a rural road and just can't leave them there, so put them in their car, so they're breathing the same air

Deer live and die by their sense of smell. They probably take deep sniffs dozens of times before approach a feeding stand especially right after a person stopped by to load up the food. Their nasal passages are way bigger and have way more vascularization etc. than a humans, so a setting where two people might never transmit the disease because there is plenty of air flow could present plenty of virus particles for a highly vascularized deep breathing nasal cavity to pick up infection.

or maybe SCIENTISTS who study the deer are breathing on them when they get CLOSE to study them for SCIENCE

Back