• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

This fucker better not interrupt the world dart championship at the Ally Pally

Alternatively since there is less cross reactively between delta and omicron then you would hope for you have omicron wash over everyone like a tsunami and then delta just keeps churning away amongst the unvaccinated. Though eventually every person will be expose and prior immunity will continuously drop bad outcomes, it will just take longer that way. The state to watch for omicron is everyone’s favorite, Florida. They had the delta wave earlier with tons of exposure and death, and an ok vaccination rate but not boosters (like most places) so if omicron rips through Florida with lower deaths and hospitalization then things look positive, if the opposite occurs we are in trouble again with strained resources.

Ok, so, I was supposed to take my kids to visit my parents and sister and her kids tomorrow. We learned yesterday that my vaccinated niece was exposed to Covid twice last week and is getting tested this morning. So, should we skip the trip regardless of the test results? Her last exposure was only on Friday and it was from a kid she ate lunch with so masks off, etc.

Ok, so, I was supposed to take my kids to visit my parents and sister and her kids tomorrow. We learned yesterday that my vaccinated niece was exposed to Covid twice last week and is getting tested this morning. So, should we skip the trip regardless of the test results? Her last exposure was only on Friday and it was from a kid she ate lunch with so masks off, etc.

So let me get this straight. The niece is vaxxed, presumably you and the rest of the family are vaxxed. She had an exposure last week, and with no positive test you want to cancel the trip. If that is the criteria, what the hell is the point of the vaccine? Are you driving the #placebo train with me right now? Aren't you supposed to be a scientist? That is a pretty low faith in #science.

So let me get this straight. The niece is vaxxed, presumably you and the rest of the family are vaxxed. She had an exposure last week, and with no positive test you want to cancel the trip. If that is the criteria, what the hell is the point of the vaccine? Are you driving the #placebo train with me right now? Aren't you supposed to be a scientist? That is a pretty low faith in #science.

We have an unvaccinated baby in the family circle, dickhead.

Break through infections with the omicron variant appear to be very frequent. My main question is: is a negative test just 5 days after exposure conclusive?

If it was Friday, this is day 5. Isn't the incubation period for Delta 5 and Omicron 3? If she returns negative, I'd think you're ok.

We have an unvaccinated baby in the family circle, dickhead.

Break through infections with the omicron variant appear to be very frequent. My main question is: is a negative test just 5 days after exposure conclusive?

Hasn't there always been the socially acceptable expectation that babies might catch a non-lethal virus at family gatherings, since like ever?

Also I thought the point of the vaccine was to stop hospitalization and death, so the vaccinated can go back to living their lives.

Last edited:
I’m pretty big team rapid test negative you can interact with others because the amount of antigen you may have is undetectable meaning your ability to transmit the virus even if technically infected is extremely extremely low. Now that can change in like 12 hours but if you rapid test like 30 minutes before you interact with someone, you are pretty damn safe.

Hasn't there always been the socially acceptable expectation that babies might catch a non-lethal virus at family gatherings, since like ever?

Not many parents would take their baby to a gathering with someone who's likely contagious.

There is also the notion that we should try and stop the spread. Like maybe it will be fine for me to go see my family and I’ll be fine even if there is Covid in the house and I get it, but what about the people I give it too when I stop for gas and take a piss on the way home.

I'm not sure it matters.

UuaW6jM.png

There is also the notion that we should try and stop the spread. Like maybe it will be fine for me to go see my family and I’ll be fine even if there is Covid in the house and I get it, but what about the people I give it too when I stop for gas and take a piss on the way home.

Stopping the spread is literally impossible right now even with vaccinations.

We should be trying to limit deaths and hospitalizations, fortunately we have the tools to do that with the vaccine. So if you give it to someone who isn't vaxxed then that is on them. People with naturally weaken immune systems need to take it on themselves to seek necessary precautions from the general public, and we need to move the fuck on.

Yeah, at this point I am good with catching whatever the fuck I need to catch for everyone to move on. Life is too short to be 2 years into this thing with people still worried about worst case scenario. Lets just...move the fuck on...

Agreed. It sucks for the immunocompromised(which my dad is). My dad is vaxxed and knows the risks. COVID has been all-consuming for so many people, and it's time to...move the fuck on.

get vaxxed, look after yourself, and don't worry about giving it to the shitballs who won't get vaxxed. let them burn.

I’m no virologist, but I have reached the point of being pretty frustrated with the fact that one positive case at this point will shut down my basketball program for 2 weeks even though 90 percent of my kids have been vaccinated. There hasn’t been a significant shift in policy in this aspect since over a year ago.

Back