• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I find it interesting that, from the small sample size of this board, those who were the most irrationally cautious at the beginning, and seem to be the only people now left still concerned by it, are those who are currently getting sick. Whereas those of us who didn't waste a year and a half worrying about it are generally fine now as well.

Palma didn't leave the house for like a year and has gotten it three times. Birdman is the lone fool still masking in the movie theater and down he goes. Donkey Deac signed up for the vax trial and falls out monthly. Biff and I are still eating in indoor restaurants unmasked daily as we've done straight through since 2020, and life goes on.

Monthly is a stretch, but, yeah, four kids isn't helping. I've had 3 shots and 3 cases.

Think I’m popping my COVID cherry this week. Wife tested pos yesterday and I’ve got hella muscle aches and fatigue. Rapid test was negative this morning but going in for PCR tomorrow morning.

For my family and I, fatigue is the hallmark symptom. We've tested positive without a fever, without a runny nose, without any cough. Never tested positive without fatigue.

Second most common symptom (heavily biased toward the kids) is loose/runny stools for the first day or two (usually prior to any other symptoms).

741692686-stupid-idiot-gif.gif

Pretty sure Knight can't avoid it considering his job.

I went 2.5 years without the slightest little cold. That is easily the longest stretch of my life. No regrets.

Yeah. Wednesday was day 5 from my known exposure so I resumed normal operating procedure, wen out to dinner Thursday but ate out side, went to the movies on Friday, wore a kn94. Then Sunday I started to feel ill.

I'm no expert on masks, but I don't think there is such a thing as a KN94. There is N95, KN95 and KF94, but not KN94.

I don't know about the movie theater, but I will definitely wear a mask every time I fly for the foreseeable future. I have come down with something of varying degrees of severity almost every time I have flown in my adult life. To me, it is worth it to wear a mask to avoid the sniffles, much less COVID.

I went 2.5 years without the slightest little cold. That is easily the longest stretch of my life. No regrets.

So did I because all you slobs weren't running around touching everything. Streak still intact too.

I'm no expert on masks, but I don't think there is such a thing as a KN94. There is N95, KN95 and KF94, but not KN94.

I don't know about the movie theater, but I will definitely wear a mask every time I fly for the foreseeable future. I have come down with something of varying degrees of severity almost every time I have flown in my adult life. To me, it is worth it to wear a mask to avoid the sniffles, much less COVID.

Get your ChatWashing out of here

I find it interesting that, from the small sample size of this board, those who were the most irrationally cautious at the beginning, and seem to be the only people now left still concerned by it, are those who are currently getting sick. Whereas those of us who didn't waste a year and a half worrying about it are generally fine now as well.

Palma didn't leave the house for like a year and has gotten it three times. Birdman is the lone fool still masking in the movie theater and down he goes. Donkey Deac signed up for the vax trial and falls out monthly. Biff and I are still eating in indoor restaurants unmasked daily as we've done straight through since 2020, and life goes on.

it's almost like once I got a vaccine I stopped worrying

You caught me in a lie, it was a KF94.

Fuck, if this is how bad Covid is for me with three shots on board, I definitely would be dead if unvaccinated.

yeah, never got covid (or a cold) over the last 2.5 years and with my asthma i had/have to be careful. i also had the three shots and waiting until fall for another.

it is amazing what just a little precaution, such as wearing a mask in public, will do to protect oneself.

tumblr_o7cmgcG2nz1qk9kruo2_r2_400.gif

Ooops, you're right

Last edited:
I got my second booster today. No reaction so far - heck I barely felt the shot. OTOH, my wife (a nurse) said hers hurt and she has a pretty nasty headache.

Back