Page 4 of 287 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Dickie Hemric
    All whole foods in NYC are sold out of paper towels. Not sure why people need that many paper towels, I guess washing hands and they dont own hand towels?

Broderick Hicks
    Had to give a conference paper remotely this morning. Found out while at the airport yesterday that there was a good chance I would not be allowed on campus for 14 days if I went which isnít doable.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    All whole foods in NYC are sold out of paper towels. Not sure why people need that many paper towels, I guess washing hands and they dont own hand towels?
    Likely the same reason there is no bottled water. Apparently the Kung Flu prevents sinks from working as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Perhaps due to no available hand sanitizer. Paper towel + isopropyl = makeshift hand sanitizer?

Another Cruise ship has been denied disembarking passengers at the port of Long Beach because of one suspected Coronavirus case.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    Another Cruise ship has been denied disembarking passengers at the port of Long Beach because of one suspected Coronavirus case.
    If they quarantine this ship, it will crater the cruise industry overnight. At that point nobody will sail if the possibility of 1 in 4000 people sick causes that kind of response.

The major cruise lines are in full panic mode offering free credit for people who don't cancel their plans, and refunds for those who do.

Ive got a spring break cruise with the kids April 11-18 and have until 3/31 to decide if we want to cancel. Definitely waiting for more information. Biggest worry is ending up in a situation where a ship is denied port or quatantined for a couple weeks.
    This is a good opportunity to realize that cruises are the worst form of vacationing.

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    This is a good opportunity to realize that cruises are the worst form of vacationing.
    My kids (13 and 8) love it. Keeps them entertained while I drink and relax. It's like a floating Myrtle Beach. I wouldn't do it without them lol.

It's like a floating Myrtle Beach.
    Fuck that is bleak.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBumDeac View Post
    Fuck that is bleak.
    Yeah but put a water park, outdoor theater, pools, mini golf, ropes course, a climbing wall and all other fun shit anywhere and kids will enjoy it. Cheap family fun. 🤷‍♂️

Carnival especially is a floating palace of redneck fuckery.

Yeah but put a water park, outdoor theater, pools, mini golf, ropes course, a climbing wall and all other fun shit anywhere and kids will enjoy it. Cheap family fun.

Carnival especially is a floating palace of redneck fuckery.
    Why not take them someplace where they will experience some culture that isnít redneck?

Quote Originally Posted by DistrictDeacon View Post
    Why not take them someplace where they will experience some culture that isnít redneck?
    Who says I haven't?

I let them choose spring break. Our next trip is to Alaska.

Yeah LK why donít you take your kids to museums instead of the pool ?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Who says I haven't?

I let them choose spring break. Our next trip is to Alaska.
    Nice. We are doing an Alaskan cruise this summer.

As someone whose kids want to go to Myrtle Beach on every single vacation, I can assure you, kids love stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Were

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Gossett Jr View Post
    Were
    We are/were/may be doing one too

Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    As someone whose kids want to go to Myrtle Beach on every single vacation, I can assure you, kids love stupid shit.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDeac View Post
    We are/were/may be doing one too
    Hope it works out for y'all. I lived there for 11 years as a kid and have very fond memories of it.

Denali Natl Park is breathtaking.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Hope it works out for y'all. I lived there for 11 years as a kid and have very fond memories of it.

Denali Natl Park is breathtaking.
    We went for our honeymoon and looked forward to taking the kids.

This will be my third trip to Alaska.