• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

That mobility stuff is interesting. Scary but interesting. There's a county in VA down SINGLE digits in baseline movement. In comparison what appears to be bluer areas seem to be near 50% or more down (looking at you falls Church with you 70% down).

Curious what the numbers ultimately look like. Blue v red. Number of case compared to drop in movement. Drop in total movement rate vs drop in going to work. How much of the drop in work rate is related to people being out of work compared to work from home.

For those of you guys not having to go into Uptown Charlotte for the past few weeks, it's been pretty crazy to see the amount of road work/construction that has been going on. Repaves, sewer fixes, relining, etc. I wonder if the city always had a strategic action plan to fix all the roads and sewers or whatever should be there a time when the city is closed off. So many roads closed and under construction, although I can't say they have been strictly abiding by social distancing guidelines.

Gotta get ready for the RNC !!!

A non-political thought: I wish we had a stronger leader right now, but I feel like if 44 was president right now people would be making claims that the masks are all a ploy to get the country under sharia law.

An actual non-political thought: ...if we are just going for a walk outside, is the expectation that we're supposed to be in a mask to do that? or is it just mask up when you're headed into a populated public/enclosed place? Just want to make sure I'm not an asshole going for a walk without a mask on.

A non-political thought: I wish we had a stronger leader right now, but I feel like if 44 was president right now people would be making claims that the masks are all a ploy to get the country under sharia law.

An actual non-political thought: ...if we are just going for a walk outside, is the expectation that we're supposed to be in a mask to do that? or is it just mask up when you're headed into a populated public/enclosed place? Just want to make sure I'm not an asshole going for a walk without a mask on.

Completely agree with the first one. A lot of fewer people would be complying with stay at home orders and they'd be buying even more guns.

I think it's just for going to the store. Hopefully people don't think masks make regular activities safer. I'm worried that we're going to start seeing Instagrams from parties that look like a "Doctors and Thugs" frat party theme.

I think only masked in hot spots or rising hot spots currently like NYC, New Orleans, Denver, Seattle, and LA.

Completely agree with the first one. A lot of fewer people would be complying with stay at home orders and they'd be buying even more guns.

I think it's just for going to the store. Hopefully people don't think masks make regular activities safer. I'm worried that we're going to start seeing Instagrams from parties that look like a "Doctors and Thugs" frat party theme.

I'm not sure that's true. Sheriff's offices are seeing massive turnouts for gun permits.

I wear something if I need to go to a supermarket (the only indoor place I've been in 4 weeks). Otherwise I'm never closer than 10 feet to anyone, except the occasional idiot runners panting and gasping on the sidewalk rather than using the empty streets.

I wear something if I need to go to a supermarket (the only indoor place I've been in 4 weeks). Otherwise I'm never closer than 10 feet to anyone, except the occasional idiot runners panting and gasping on the sidewalk rather than using the empty streets.

And what's with these fucking adults riding their bikes on the sidewalks ?

Meme: If the CDC said we need to shelter in place in order to save the 2020 college football season, the entire South would lock themselves in their rooms.

runners are definitely the dumbest ones

Parents Are Not Ok.

...What’s amazing to me is how consistent this struggle is among every parent I talk to. The texts and social media posts bouncing around my circle all echo each other. We feel like we’re failing at both. Our kids don’t just need us — they need more of us. Our kids are acting out, abandoning the routines they already had, dropping naps, sleeping less, doing less — except for jumping on top of their parents, which is happening much more. We’re letting them watch far greater amounts of screen time than we ever thought we’d tolerate. Forget homeschooling success — most of us are struggling to get our kids to do the basics that would have accounted for a saturday morning routine before this pandemic.

yeah, i'm really thankful that my kids are all teenagers who enjoy nothing more than social distancing. it has been nice for them to manage their own schoolwork while i work, and then in the evening we have enjoyed a lot of time together that otherwise would have been spent picking up and dropping off. I actually feel bad for them - one of my sons loves climbing at inner peaks, and as they are shut down he can only climb the walls here. I had him on the rowing machine this week trying to work off some excess energy. We have played a lot of hoops in the driveway.

Back