• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Because people don’t write as many letters anymore, one thing is we’re not going to have that record of what people were really thinking or feeling. We’re going to have a lot of opinions about “Tiger King,” but we’re not going to know how are people really thinking about this.

giphy.gif

I remember a bar that still had a roller towel in the 90s. Fucking wild
For years, and definitely in the '90s, Kermit's Hot Dog House on Thomasville Rd had a roller towel in the bathrooms. I don't know if they still do.

It's funny to think about the fact that Rick Majerus might've once used it when he went to Kermit's.

I’ve definitely seen them in gas station bathrooms as recent as within the last few years

For years, and definitely in the '90s, Kermit's Hot Dog House on Thomasville Rd had a roller towel in the bathrooms. I don't know if they still do.

It's funny to think about the fact that Rick Majerus might've once used it when he went to Kermit's.

someone link the Majerus shit-towel story

someone link the Majerus shit-towel story
I'm not 100% sure on how to find it. I just know I read it in the Winston-Salem Journal in the '90s when we were doing the little series with Utah. Keith Van Horn versus Duncan.
So, it would likely have been either Dan Collins or Lennox Rawlings.

I’m embracing the CDC recommendations. Went to the grocery store with a black mask, black cap, and running gloves. Next week will probably add sunglasses

I’m embracing the CDC recommendations. Went to the grocery store with a black mask, black cap, and running gloves. Next week will probably add sunglasses

If you add those sunglasses, don't be shocked if they think you are robbing them. :)

Does Pandemic Insurance exist, or will this be a new product offered to businesses like flood, fire, and other "act of God" insurance?

Wimbledon has it so I’m sure it exists.

ITC how do I get me some of that pandemic insurance? I am going to you first because I assume TheReff doesn't cover "acts of god".

Does Pandemic Insurance exist, or will this be a new product offered to businesses like flood, fire, and other "act of God" insurance?

yeah, it exists. it's expensive and wonky, even for insurance. it is interesting to see what the industry will come up with because 'total societal shutdown' seems to have not really been anticipated. the closest thing is "war"

I assume if a black person did this, they would just be shot on sight. Eh comrades?

Not sure if this will help, but it may. A friend got some TP at a local Ace Hardware. I asked the owner if other Ace locations had some. He said he got his through his normal Ace ordering program.

If you are having problems, maybe you could give your Ace Hardware a ring.

How is Ace Hardware going to fix my crushing depression?

yeah, it exists. it's expensive and wonky, even for insurance. it is interesting to see what the industry will come up with because 'total societal shutdown' seems to have not really been anticipated. the closest thing is "war"

Thanks for the info - even if a bit disappointing. This is a textbook case why insurance exists, and I hope/belief those at HQ with the actuaries are trying to come up with a better product for widespread release. I would guess one of their challenges is the difficulty in spreading risk across population, since during pandemics almost everybody would be filing a claim. Usually "acts of God" are regional or localized, which still allows for spreading risk across population and time. Those that know more than I are working on this I'm sure.

Back