• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

So between those two stories it means everyone’s gonna either start getting symptoms in 2 weeks and we’re all gonna die or it means it’s a lot less deadly than we thought ?

Still a lot of uncertainty and conflicting data, but it’s not going to be *that* much lower than current estimates. Even going by the current counts, which we know are undercounting true deaths, it has already killed more than 0.15% of New York City. While we don’t know the prevalence in NYC, it’s certainly not 100%. And a lot more people are going to die there before this is over.

I know it is hard to comprehend for the political hacks on here, but there is a big distance between #fakenews / "this was all overblown" and SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN NOW UNTIL 2022 OR WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE BECAUSE INTERNET POSTS = #SCIENCE AND #BUBONICPLAGUE. There is a reasonable middle ground with which this situation can be viewed.

2&2 is the guy we can always count on for reasonable middle ground.

To clarify, there are still a ton of symptomatic people with COVID that still can’t be tested. I think everyone knows that but much of the comments relate to those without symptoms causing the delta between confirmed and actual.

Between the 3 articles posted, it's looking pretty good to resume your life with social distancing if you don't live in a big city in the North East.

What is resume your life with social distancing? That’s exactly what people are doing.

Between the 3 articles posted, it's looking pretty good to resume your life with social distancing if you don't live in a big city in the North East.

I’m not following this. What do you mean by “resume your life with social distancing?” Also, NYC and New Orleans are what happens when you are late to social distancing. That’s what the rest of the country will look like if we open back up.

What is resume your life with social distancing? That’s exactly what people are doing.

Yeah, it's strange. My hunch is that a lot of folks who are complaining about these notices aren't employed (unemployed, stay-at-home parents, or retired). I feel like short of being able to go to bars and restaurants, most aspects of everyday life are pretty easy to do while social distancing.

Doing your work, going where you want to go. Avoid touching people or getting too close for any length of time, particularly in doors.

That plus washing your hands frequently. Time to get on with life for most of the country.

Doing your work, going where you want to go. Avoid touching people or getting too close for any length of time, particularly in doors.

That plus washing your hands frequently. Time to get on with life for most of the country.

You haven't been working? I'm still working full time.

Turn off Fox knowell. We still have no idea where we are in this thing.

So, what we're doing now?

It's just weird how many stupid people pop out of the woodwork to be stupid. Knowell's a regular Rosa Parks.

what would you like to do that you can't do now?

I don’t agree that it’s time to open up but being able to get dinner and drinks at a restaurant and bar with friends is definitely something I’m missing pretty hard.

I don’t have access to read it, but I’ll go way out on a limb and assume that article is not the airtight proof you’re claiming.

Back