• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I don’t agree that it’s time to open up but being able to get dinner and drinks at a restaurant and bar with friends is definitely something I’m missing pretty hard.

Definitely. I'm also missing heading to the beach and seeing family.

Just wondering what knowell thinks "get on with life means", if it is still specified that he can't get too close to people.

I don’t agree that it’s time to open up but being able to get dinner and drinks at a restaurant and bar with friends is definitely something I’m missing pretty hard.

I'm digging all the money I'm saving not going out, until I end up having to take a 25% pay cut cause the world ended

Yeah my credit card bills next month will be wild. No daycare. No buying stuff in stores other than groceries. Not much Amazon. And the low volume of charges makes those nagging small charges from subscriptions you forgot to cancel stick out so we notice and cancel them.

Power bill’s up though. I wondered why at first, oh yeah I’m home using power 24/7 now.

Yeah my credit card bills next month will be wild. No daycare. No buying stuff in stores other than groceries. Not much Amazon. And the low volume of charges makes those nagging small charges from subscriptions you forgot to cancel stick out so we notice and cancel them.

Power bill’s up though. I wondered why at first, oh yeah I’m home using power 24/7 now.

Daycare is charging us full freight.

They literally sent an email that said their biggest priority was the financial health of the daycare.

There were some really nice performances on Home Alone special tonight.

Keith Urban killed. I'd love to see him do some rock.

Lady Gaga was uplifting and such a presence.

I have no idea what Maluma sang, but it was haunting and beautiful. What a talent he is!

Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello did an excellent version of one of my favorite songs- What a Wonderful World (if you haven't listened to the KD Lang/Tony Bennett version, you should.).

Elton can still play, but he can't hit any high notes. The Stones were still The Stones. Stevie Wonder has become the elder statesman.

Daycare is charging us full freight.

They literally sent an email that said their biggest priority was the financial health of the daycare.

Damn. That's savage. Daycares are particularly ruthless. The business model is "pay us a lot of money to take care of your precious child, but we won't pay our employees shit."

If that article is about the paper that I think it's about, welp: https://medium.com/@balajis/peer-re...in-santa-clara-county-california-1f6382258c25

If that is your "welp", try again. Dude is just making guesses. When your conclusions are founded on "may be" and "may have", may be you should step aside. And I'll take the Stanford School of Medicine over the CTO of Coinbase in this arena, but may be that is just me. But hey, you linked something you found on the internet, so you get an obligatory milkwich.

2&2, what victory are you trying to claim here? That the virus has a high rate of asymptomatic and presymptomatic cases? That was already known - probably the best study showing this is from the diamond princess (because almost all 3700 passengers and crew were tested). And there are other good studies (the nursing home in VA, homeless shelter in MA, etc).

If you think that results in a “milkwich,” then you’re wrong. Look at New York, Italy, Spain, etc. if you want an idea of what could happen without early social distancing.

The average American is just dumb, astoundingly dumb. I get it you don’t like being stuck at home, you want life to be normal, you are dealing with something that is complicated that requires math when you read at a 4th grade level, an understanding of science when you last science experiment was picking leaves for your school project. Just go with how many dead over anything else, that answer is in the course of approximately 6 weeks it’s 40,000. You can argue any which way you want but the number of dead is 40,000. That 40,000 is with social distancing implemented, which is never done for flu. So even with the it’s just the flu, ignoring everything else you are over the normal flu deaths per a year in 6 weeks.

If that is your "welp", try again. Dude is just making guesses. When your conclusions are founded on "may be" and "may have", may be you should step aside. And I'll take the Stanford School of Medicine over the CTO of Coinbase in this arena, but may be that is just me. But hey, you linked something you found on the internet, so you get an obligatory milkwich.

You might want to read up on the CV of the former CTO of coinbase...

The average American is just dumb, astoundingly dumb. I get it you don’t like being stuck at home, you want life to be normal, you are dealing with something that is complicated that requires math when you read at a 4th grade level, an understanding of science when you last science experiment was picking leaves for your school project. Just go with how many dead over anything else, that answer is in the course of approximately 6 weeks it’s 40,000. You can argue any which way you want but the number of dead is 40,000. That 40,000 is with social distancing implemented, which is never done for flu. So even with the it’s just the flu, ignoring everything else you are over the normal flu deaths per a year in 6 weeks.

Flu deaths in the 2018-19 flu season: 34,200
COVID-19 deaths in April: ~35,000

93871718_10109296679965683_4058497808410345472_n.jpg

Yet a Texas is reopening today, I hear, to much cheering of TX nut jobs thinking this is all exaggerated. Back to your first point.

You might want to read up on the CV of the former CTO of coinbase...

Yes I read it before posting and it is nice individual academic record. But there is a reason he became the CTO of Coinbase (and continues to want twitter clicks) and there is a reason why Stanford School of Medicine is the Stanford School of Medicine (and why most of the people involved in the study would have similar CVs).

Back