• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

The hard truth is that no matter how statistically flawed studies are to date, the Coronaplague is still a hell of a lot more deadly than the seasonal flu left unchecked. So, we checked it with everything from social distancing suggestions to full fledged shelter-in-place orders. Now those curves are flattened or flattening and people are looking for any excuse to get out and about. But people just aren't smart enough to get out and about and not throw a damn 80 person teenager's birthday party in the backyard where they all touch everything and then all head home to dinner with grandma.
And when that happens, enough of those people, their parents, and grandmas are going to need a ventilator that NYC is happening in a whole lot of places.
Because once again, even when they mean well, people are on the average selfish idiots. And when you let selfish idiots do what they want with a novel virus that causes a higher percentage of acute respiratory distress than the hospitals in those markets can handle, people unnecessarily die.
Now maybe that price is worth opening up the economy and maybe it isn't for you, but dead people are dead people so 100% know that if you're for opening things up too quickly or without strict rules and guidelines in place (testing, tracking, etc.), people are going to die and you'll very likely have a real hand in those deaths.
Preach!

Question for the crowd: When do you think volunteers will be allowed in hospitals and healthcare facilities again? When we have a vaccine? When we have antibody testing?

Before Coronavirus I spend most of my free time volunteering at the Children's hospital with my cat and taking him to assisted livings. The last 5 weeks have been the longest he has taken off work in 4 years.

Apparently cats carry it, so that’s certainly not in your cat’s favor.

Reactions: ITK
Lol

e71fa3fc8984e88df2c44de5a7ee835d.jpg

You have to give Leyritz credit. Most trolls have a shelf life of about 6 months, maybe a year, before everyone starts ignoring or simply heaping abuse on them. He has been running this shtick for years, yet people still argue with him on multiple boards and a variety of topics as if he'll respond to facts and logic. Some of the rookies on this board could really learn from him. A tip of the cap to you, sir.

About 23 years of expert trolling. Trolling wasn’t even a term when he started. He’s an innovator. Even his handle is a troll.

Somewhere there’s a kid with the handle “Warriors3-1lead” or “Falconsup28-3” who owes 2&2 for leading the way.

Do you think he's actually a troll? I think he's just a dumbass who is committed to being a dumbass, man.

Nah, I knew him in college. He's a really smart dude who just happens to be in over his head on this. We all have our moments.

NC is going to begin phased reopening next Wednesday. Cooper will announce today.

I’m probably more conservative than you.

I want to conserve as many lives as possible, but if you think you’ll be fine, go ahead. Just go get it and report back. Don’t you have family that works in dentistry? I do too. That’s the most likely place to get this, do you want them to return to business as usual right now?

Right now? No. In a few weeks assuming the new case numbers continue to decline and with the proper equipment? Sure.

And I appreciate all the love and comments. History favors the innovators.

Cooper is speaking today at 3:00, we'll see if he formally puts us into Stage 1 at the end of next week. Mecklenburg County wants 2 more weeks of SIP, he may follow their lead to use them as a shield.

the wait line at applebees is not to be fucked with.

a couple of years ago my kids were begging to go to Olive Garden (smdh). I couldn't believe that there was a WAIT.

the wait line at applebees is not to be fucked with.

a couple of years ago my kids were begging to go to Olive Garden (smdh). I couldn't believe that there was a WAIT.

i was given a gift card for darden restaurants a while back and my wife and i decided to use it. figured we'd go to the OG on a wednesday night and it was a two hour wait. 90 min at the longhorn steakhouse.

Question for the crowd: When do you think volunteers will be allowed in hospitals and healthcare facilities again? When we have a vaccine? When we have antibody testing?

Before Coronavirus I spend most of my free time volunteering at the Children's hospital with my cat and taking him to assisted livings. The last 5 weeks have been the longest he has taken off work in 4 years.

Probably after a vaccine. There will be heavier restrictions on volunteers since they don't have medical training, but the value to patients and staff necessitates it, especially for not-for-profit health systems.

Back