Page 6 of 273 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Thereís nothing like a cruise.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...mains-possible

WHO Says Coronavirus Containment Still Possible

"They actually changed the course of a respiratory-borne outbreak without a vaccine, which was extraordinary," says Aylward. The number of daily new cases in China went from around 2,000 just a few weeks ago to less than 100 in recent days.
    But Aylward says other countries may be taking the wrong lesson from China by attributing its success to the government's unprecedented restrictions on daily life in several cities, most famously Wuhan, the city of 11 million people where the outbreak began.
    "China has 31 provinces, thousands of cities," notes Aylward. "And it was only a few cities where they took those draconian measures. In the vast majority of them, they ... really went back to fundamentals of public health."
    These included ensuring that there was enough testing capacity to quickly identify cases, isolating infected patients, tracing anyone who had contact with them and, when necessary, placing those contacts in quarantine facilities so they wouldn't get infected by the sick person or spread the disease further. Also, in places where clusters of cases were emerging, authorities prohibited mass gatherings.
    ...it's crucial not to rely on restrictions of movement as the sole remedy. Public health authorities need to be prepared for a rebound in cases when movement restrictions are lifted and cases start to tick up again.

Quote Originally Posted by palmab03 View Post
    Already happening, look at the airline stocks
    I meant in terms of government advisories.

But yeah, the airline stocks have taken a beating.

is there any poster who tries harder to be funny than rj?

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
    is there any poster who tries harder to be funny than rj?
    Sailor?

The part in there about how they prioritized quick, efficient testing is infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Karma View Post
    The part in there about how they prioritized quick, efficient testing is infuriating.
    Careful. This might get political.

Pretty good article about this virus:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-are-inflamed

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Sailor?
    sailor is all stupid political humor. rj thinks heís rodney dangerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by WFU71 View Post
    Pretty good article about this virus:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-are-inflamed
    So the key is shallow breaths for the next few months.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Breathe through your eyeballs.

like a lava lizard

So what is the consensus on handwashing in public bathrooms at this point? I always try to shoulder the door going in and use a paper towel to open it to get back out, so with autoflushing urinals is it worth the risk to touch the sink fixtures and paper towel dispenser? I trust my own junk more than whatever is on everything else in there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    So what is the consensus on handwashing in public bathrooms at this point? I always try to shoulder the door going in and use a paper towel to open it to get back out, so with autoflushing urinals is it worth the risk to touch the sink fixtures and paper towel dispenser? I trust my own junk more than whatever is on everything else in there.
    theoretically anyone using the paper towel dispenser has just washed their hands so yes do it. also get the automatic sinks

Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    Carry hand sanitizer (if you have any) and use it after leaving the bathroom.

I disagree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    surprisingly catchy

My ex is taking my kid on a cruise this week. Leaving today. They insist on going despite the State Department warnings (probably because the refund or rescheduling period passed last week) and say they will be careful. Iím a bit freaked out, but at least kids are the least susceptible to this disease.
    Birds are real.