• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

One thing I miss during Covid is tasting fruit at the grocery store.

Got the J&J last Friday and was down for the count on Saturday with cold chills and body aches but no fever. Woke up Sunday and felt great. Less than two weeks until I'm in the clear.

Questions for the science peeps on this thread. Why do I need to wear a mask once vaccinated? Is it primarily due to concerns over variants, concerns that I can still get, not know it, and pass it to a non vaccinated person, something else, or all of the above?

Am I good to go back to HIIT workouts? They are still taking precautions and haven't heard of any issues so I feel safe.

You don't eat a grape or berry before buying?

No old man, we don't. Aside from the fact that those things are covered in pesticides and dirt, they're often in plastic clamshells that have a specific amount of fruit in them. Also, nobody wants to see you moving your hand back and forth from god knows where, to the fruit, to your mouth, and then on to the next item on the produce buffet.

If it is deemed unsanitary for you to sample the fruit now, it's because it was unsanitary before, you numbskull.

I'd be pissed if I saw someone opening a clamshell of blackberries and helping themselves

Please...stores expect it...but they frowned on my cutting up a pineapple in the aisle.

Yes, stores do expect a % of their inventory to be lost due to theft.

What you are doing is no different than opening up an ice cream container and tasting some and then putting it back.

were you doing this every time you went to the store? weird, man. every now & then a employee would offer to sample something out but I've never once been sampling things at my own will.

Another thing that RJKarl does when he goes to the grocery store is consciously boycott Welch's.

I can't wait till COVID is over and I can go back to the grocery store and eat all their food straight off the self.

Just because items are package and priced by weight doesn’t mean you can’t sample them before you buy them, sure the weight decreases and therefore the price but it’s not stealing it’s just sampling!!!

Where were you getting it? Were you able to look specifically for J&J?

Ended up taking the Friday appointment. I am driving from Austin to a CVS in Waco to get it done and wasn't able to specify the vaccine obviously but I am getting the Phizer

RJ raw dogs the fruit from grocery stores thats wild.

Not gonna lie though sometimes I will snag a olive from the olive bar.

Back