• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Store was completely out of tp, ground beef and bananas. Everything else was good. I bought a lot of food and booze but am freezing some and I figure I’m just saving myself some future trips.

I just went over to a buddy’s to sit on the deck to have a beverage, and one of my other friend’s was there with a “sinus infection” he’d had a couple of days and everyone was doing all the things they tell you not to do. Maybe I’ll hold off visiting my mom in Winston this weekend. The Modelo-virus jokes were flying, snot was being wiped, faces/eyes being rubbed, talking being talked very closely and wetly, hugs being hugged. I stayed for a bit and then bailed and came home and showered. I don’t want to be paranoid but that was a little too much and I started to feel weird pretty quick. I should have known better and peaced out earlier.

I just went over to a buddy’s to sit on the deck to have a beverage, and one of my other friend’s was there with a “sinus infection” he’d had a couple of days and everyone was doing all the things they tell you not to do. Maybe I’ll hold off visiting my mom in Winston this weekend. The Modelo-virus jokes were flying, snot was being wiped, faces/eyes being rubbed, talking being talked very closely and wetly, hugs being hugged. I stayed for a bit and then bailed and came home and showered. I don’t want to be paranoid but that was a little too much and I started to feel weird pretty quick. I should have known better and peaced out earlier.

This virus is heaven for introverts, bro. Don't take shame in it, bb.

Are we sure our bandwidth infrastructure can hold up to the huge amount of meetings that are now happening online?

No. Which means needless meetings will be getting cancelled.

PGA Tour cancelling events. Of any sport, you’d think they could weather this. Minimal contact. Playing without patrons could improve the game.

Disney was like Plan E for Spring Break after a cancelled conference, driving to Miami and NC to see elderly parents, and taking the kids to Universal. Pretty sure we are just doing some outdoors trips and hanging out with friends who aren’t sick.

Last edited:

PGA Tour cancelling events. Of any sport, you’d think they could weather this. Minimal contact. Playing without patrons could improve the game.

Disney was like Plan E for Spring Break after a cancelled conference, driving to Miami and NC to see elderly parents, and taking the kids to Universal. Pretty sure we are just doing some outdoors trips and hanging out with friends who aren’t sick.

The players and caddies don't want to deal with air travel and hotels right now.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

What are ESPN and the other sports channels going to show over the next few weeks? No sports to show or to talk about. Obviously that is low on the totem pole of important things right now, but it could be more than a month before the sports channels have something on that I want to see/hear.

Most other professors I know are doing office hours and class meetings by Zoom. No one comes to office hours, so I'm expecting to be advised to cut those back for the sake of the servers.

We now have local restaurants removing seating to enforce social distancing. I assume the bars are going to close outright pretty soon, starting with the ones open till 2 am for the college kids.

Cause when you get paid a couple million dollars per year to play golf, you can afford to sit on your couch because you have a couple million dollars

We now have local restaurants removing seating to enforce social distancing. I assume the bars are going to close outright pretty soon, starting with the ones open till 2 am for the college kids.

Shit’s getting real if bars close!!

Ran into a retired doctor at dinner tonight who made a point of shaking hands.

I'm trying to think of a worse crisis for Trump to manage and I can't think of one. You can lie about why you fake wars, everyone does it. But you can't just lie all the time during public health emergencies and encourage gatherings.

Back