• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

All whole foods in NYC are sold out of paper towels. Not sure why people need that many paper towels, I guess washing hands and they dont own hand towels?

Perhaps due to no available hand sanitizer. Paper towel + isopropyl = makeshift hand sanitizer?

Another Cruise ship has been denied disembarking passengers at the port of Long Beach because of one suspected Coronavirus case.

Another Cruise ship has been denied disembarking passengers at the port of Long Beach because of one suspected Coronavirus case.

If they quarantine this ship, it will crater the cruise industry overnight. At that point nobody will sail if the possibility of 1 in 4000 people sick causes that kind of response.

The major cruise lines are in full panic mode offering free credit for people who don't cancel their plans, and refunds for those who do.

Ive got a spring break cruise with the kids April 11-18 and have until 3/31 to decide if we want to cancel. Definitely waiting for more information. Biggest worry is ending up in a situation where a ship is denied port or quatantined for a couple weeks.

This is a good opportunity to realize that cruises are the worst form of vacationing.

This is a good opportunity to realize that cruises are the worst form of vacationing.

My kids (13 and 8) love it. Keeps them entertained while I drink and relax. It's like a floating Myrtle Beach. I wouldn't do it without them lol.

Fuck that is bleak.

Yeah but put a water park, outdoor theater, pools, mini golf, ropes course, a climbing wall and all other fun shit anywhere and kids will enjoy it. Cheap family fun. 🤷‍♂️

Carnival especially is a floating palace of redneck fuckery.

Yeah but put a water park, outdoor theater, pools, mini golf, ropes course, a climbing wall and all other fun shit anywhere and kids will enjoy it. Cheap family fun.

Carnival especially is a floating palace of redneck fuckery.

Why not take them someplace where they will experience some culture that isn’t redneck?

Yeah LK why don’t you take your kids to museums instead of the pool ?

As someone whose kids want to go to Myrtle Beach on every single vacation, I can assure you, kids love stupid shit.

Hope it works out for y'all. I lived there for 11 years as a kid and have very fond memories of it.

Denali Natl Park is breathtaking.

We went for our honeymoon and looked forward to taking the kids.

This will be my third trip to Alaska.

Have a Disney Cruise planned in April - Have a feeling there will be many more Long Beach cautious delay scenarios

Have a Disney Cruise planned in April - Have a feeling there will be many more Long Beach cautious delay scenarios

I am worried Long Beach may be a tipping point today. Passengers are still being held pending a test on a single sick passenger. If negative, they will be released. Nobody has said what will be done if positive. I guess they get pushed back out to sea and quarantined? Or they screen every single passenger coming off the boat, which is useless unless they can test each of them.

This admin needs to standardize a protocol for this and air travel asap.

Back