• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Maybe we shouldn’t have non-politically spiked the ball when the estimate was 60,000.

Saw this on Reddit. (We’re doing great)

ZEWVd84.jpg

Maybe we shouldn’t have non-politically spiked the ball when the estimate was 60,000.

That estimate was 60,000 deaths last week. Crazy.

I guess the latter number isn't that crazy

Vitamin D and Covid
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(20)30268-0/fulltext

I am not a scientist, but I am taking Vitamin D for a mild deficiency, so this interests me. Can board scientists help with whether this is a legit study?

The link you provided is to an opinion piece, not a study. There is not consistent evidence of a benefit of vitamin D for preventing Covid, but it’s a pretty difficult association to study, and definitive trials have not been completed.

I don't think taking vitamin D is going to hurt you though

my physician said most vitamins are worthless, but D is on the short list of those worth taking, especially in northern areas with lower levels of sun for parts of the year

I don't think taking vitamin D is going to hurt you though

my physician said most vitamins are worthless, but D is on the short list of those worth taking, especially in northern areas with lower levels of sun for parts of the year

We actually discussed this here a few months back - large doses of vitamin D can be detrimental as it can contribute to atherosclerosis and there are other potential side effects.

Somewhat related, a huge population study was published this week looking at vitamin D and depression - it wasn’t beneficial.

Most people live unhealthy lifestyles, anything you can do to improve your health is most likely worth it. Will it have an immediate effect like 2&2 (RIP) suggested in fighting the virus, no. Will it have a cumulative benefit for the rest of your life, yes. This includes "new" health concepts like washing your hands, using hand sanitizer, and staying the fuck home when you are sick.

Yawn...another day, another miracle cure the Dem controlled media and medical community doesn’t want you to know about! Like if you agree!

We actually discussed this here a few months back - large doses of vitamin D can be detrimental as it can contribute to atherosclerosis and there are other potential side effects.

Somewhat related, a huge population study was published this week looking at vitamin D and depression - it wasn’t beneficial.

okay, but I don't think a 50mcg vitamin D pill is a "large dose", but please share study

how do you get your vitamin D in the winter, rafi?

Back