• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Get my second Moderna dose today. Keeping my calendar clear for tomorrow just in case.

can you visit hammer town or joint junction after getting the jab? asking for a friend.

Get my second Moderna dose today. Keeping my calendar clear for tomorrow just in case.

Yeah good idea. I got the shot on a Monday afternoon and Tuesday I mightily struggled through giving a lecture over zoom on using Bayes theorem for adaptive management model weight updating and an introduction to optimization modeling for stochastic dynamic programming. It was brutal for me and probably worthless for the students.

Yeah good idea. I got the shot on a Monday afternoon and Tuesday I mightily struggled through giving a lecture over zoom on using Bayes theorem for adaptive management model weight updating and an introduction to optimization modeling for stochastic dynamic programming. It was brutal for me and probably worthless for the students.

But unrelated to the vaccine, right?

But unrelated to the vaccine, right?

Thanks. Normally I am not a bad teacher/lecturer...but the pounding headache, the fatigue, the zoom interface and subject matter all converged to make for a crappy class.

Moderna #2 is definitely rocking my shit. Felt good until 10 or so and went off the cliff - headache, fatigue, body ache, fever.

Correlation is not causation.

They almost certainly died from the JnJ vaccine. It was one death in the US and 6 deaths in Austria/Germany. They developed a condition called immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia - about 30 cases have been described with the JnJ vaccine. Now that we know what it is, we can treat it more effectively, though it is still a severe condition. I'm not sure if the JnJ vaccine will come back in the US. Despite all of this, the risk of severe side effects and death is still absolutely miniscule compared to the risks of COVID.

This will be me this coming Tuesday, minus the Bayes theorem. Usually, thermochemistry/thermodynamics is my favorite part of the semester, so I hope it won't be too bad.

Pfizer CEO:

"A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed. And again, the variants will play a key role,"

I don’t think that’s new information for us but the haters will weaponize that information to claim the vaccine isn’t effective and the government just wants to control us.

Back