• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

And here's the rub - without universal testing, people are going to resist making the hard decisions until it's too late.

So these five peeps from Biogen had it for a week+ just wandering around Raleigh before they got tested /quarantined? I don’t see how that hasn’t silently mushroomed into the hundreds since then, right? Looking forward to spending my summer at home....

Also does the health dept have some responsibility to let people know when / where these people were or will that just lead to unnecessary (?) panic?

Fulton County, which is roughly 50 miles from tip to tip and had one teacher in one school test positive

He actually teaches in two different middle schools in South Fulton.

It is worth noting that the district is completely severed in the middle by the Atlanta Public Schools district.

LearningCommunities_20190607.png

Last edited:
In the last 24 hours, I've received COVID related messages from:

• Target
  • Lyft
  • Amtrak
  • DC Metro (haven't lived in DC for four years)
  • Budget Rent-a-car
  • Southwest Airlines

So these five peeps from Biogen had it for a week+ just wandering around Raleigh before they got tested /quarantined? I don’t see how that hasn’t silently mushroomed into the hundreds since then, right? Looking forward to spending my summer at home....

Also does the health dept have some responsibility to let people know when / where these people were or will that just lead to unnecessary (?) panic?

There was an article on WRAL about one of the people and it had a day by day list of where they had been.

In the last 24 hours, I've received COVID related messages from:

• Target
  • Lyft
  • Amtrak
  • DC Metro (haven't lived in DC for four years)
  • Budget Rent-a-car
  • Southwest Airlines

The unsubscribe button is your friend, friend.

UNC extending spring break by a week, online classes for the forseeable future, all campus gatherings of 50+ canceled, no work trips outside the state. Campus staying open and operational, otherwise, though.

I mean college kids are just going to party harder without classes and still get it. Hell, we had a boxed wine party during the Swine Flu outbreak at Wake. Looking back, that was incredibly dumb. Dozens of people (including me) got it. Anyone on here remember the infamous "Boxed Swine" party of 2009?

We clearly have more cases in the Triangle that just haven’t been tested? Identified? Whatever the case may be. The person who visited the nursing home in Seattle had also just been out having dinner in Cameron Village among other things.

We clearly have more cases in the Triangle that just haven’t been tested? Identified? Whatever the case may be. The person who visited the nursing home in Seattle had also just been out having dinner in Cameron Village among other things.

Well of course you do.

Covid math is both fascinating and frightening. For every death, it's reasonable (based on overseas data) to assume that there are 800 cases out there. That means we have 30x more ppl out there in the US with the virus vs confirmed cases.

NoVa school districts starting to test tele-teaching. My kids get a Corona day from school next friday.

So what they are telling us is that only these fuckers who never have left their house are basically going to emerge from the pandemic and take over the world?

AmazingBackIndianabat-size_restricted.gif

Yep. Heaven for introverts.

WS/FCS told us today to have ten days of online lesson plans prepared by next Friday. Of course, they want it done a specific cookie cutter way and four different people told us four different ways we are to prepare them. Typical.

There was an article on WRAL about one of the people and it had a day by day list of where they had been.

I was in Raleigh for a wedding the weekend they announced there was a Wake County case. I had a slight cold that week that lasted like 3-4 days. Maybe I already caught it and beat it :D

Back