• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I assume most servers and other tipped professionals would get hurt by this and not benefit from the payroll tax holiday. Does that change tipping protocol? I feel like, as someone who would benefit, that I should be tipping much more.

It used to be that servers were taxed 8% of their total revenue. Theoretically, they were supposed to report any tips over 8% and pay taxes on them.

It has to be asked- what did Jeff Bezos have to do with this outbreak?

Please turn this into a web series that other people can watch.

LOL. I politely declined. Play dates will be fine. My wife and I won't be going in to work for two weeks anyway.

The thing I don’t get about the payroll tax holiday is that if you’re an hourly worker and don’t get any hours or get temporarily laid off then it really doesn’t matter at all. Will benefit people like me I guess who are going to get a paycheck no matter what but seems like it would have limited impact to the folks who really need it.

I'm WFH next week, but told to expect to come back the following week (one on one off). That seems... unwise? Company of ~700 people.

The thing I don’t get about the payroll tax holiday is that if you’re an hourly worker and don’t get any hours or get temporarily laid off then it really doesn’t matter at all. Will benefit people like me I guess who are going to get a paycheck no matter what but seems like it would have limited impact to the folks who really need it.

Yeah, it's dumb. Send everyone a check instead.

You guys are not being very considerate of our sensitive boomers.

What if we handed out Coronavirus participation trophies?

my kids were quarantined at home for three weeks and all i got was this lousy t shirt.

I'm WFH next week, but told to expect to come back the following week (one on one off). That seems... unwise? Company of ~700 people.

Within 10-30 days they'll be scrapping this plan. Things get exponentially worse, not better. Not for a while. No one's leaving the house once the bodies pile up.

They just cancelled my son's school through April 6, including one week of spring break in the middle.

CMS still open, but . . .

ETBQ5nLU8AAZK2q

Back