• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Just heard that the guy I had dinner with on Thursday and lunch with on Friday tested positive this morning. What’s the right move for me? Quarantine? Wear a mask in the house? When should I test?

Probably wouldn’t have sex with him on the third date.

4-6 days post Covid exposure and I went for a 3 mile run this morning with no hint of a breathing issue. One more day and the cdc says I’m ok to resume normal life.

I'm done with his "exposure thang". I seriously doubt that 90% of the people who have been "exposed" are quarantining 5 days.
Went on a golf trip last week and one of the guy emailed us when he got home that he tested positive. (Took a rapid test that I doubt was even very accurate.)
While I never spent significant time with him except outdoors, I was not inclined to quarantine 5 days over a holiday weekend knowing that likely 50 of the 200 people I flew home with probably had COVID. Only one other guy of the 8 of us said they were "staying in their room" for 5 days. Vaccinated, double boosted, can't do much more. And yes, I feel fine. It's the flu people, get vaccinated and the worst that will happen is you get sick for a few days.
Unvaccinated, your risking much more and yeah, you're an idiot.

Last edited:
I'm done with his "exposure thang". I seriously doubt that 90% of the people who have been "exposed" are quarantining 5 days.
Went on a golf trip last week and one of the guy emailed us when he got home that he tested positive. (Took a rapid test that I doubt was even very accurate.)
While I never spent significant time with him except outdoors, I was not inclined to quarantine 5 days over a holiday weekend knowing that likely 50 of the 200 people I flew home with probably had COVID. Only one other guy of the 8 of us said they were "staying in their room" for 5 days. Vaccinated, double boosted, can't do much more. And yes, I feel fine. It's the flu people, get vaccinated and the worst that will happen is you get sick for a few days.

CDC says, after known exposure, If you’re vaccinated and showing no symptoms you don’t have to quarantine. Just wear a mask when you’re indoors with family and try to avoid shopping and travel. If you have to do those things, wear a mask. Test after 5 days and if you want to be really sure you’re in the clear. If you’re not vaccinated isolate and await death. I’m paraphrasing that last part.

At this point, I have zero sympathy for the unvaccinated.

Well, CDC guidance doesn’t require quarantine based solely on exposure but why let medicine or science get in the way of a good old man rant.

I’m one week out from my positive test and feel mostly okay other some pretty aggressive fatigue and shortness of breath after any type of activity.

What constitutes "vaccinated" these days? It has been past 4 months since my last booster. I've had the Pfizer shot 3 times, 2 of those boosters.

ETA (since I Googled this after I posted, of course), it appears that I am considered "fully vaccinated" unless I am over 50 or immunocompromised, which "requires" an additional booster. "Primary series" is the first two shots, so the 2nd one isn't considered a booster. I have had the primary series and one booster. I guess in a couple months I'll get another booster when I turn 50.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

Last edited:
Lol, third COVID bout. This is shitty as fuck. Basically asymptomatic other than runny nose and insomnia.

Have any of the physicians on here gotten it? I take care of sick people every day at work and still haven’t gotten it. Masks work.

I got it in January. I've seen lots of really sick Covid patients. My illness was pretty mild (was/am fully vaccinated). Use all the proper PPE etc. No idea exactly which/what exposure led to my catching it...but I suspect maybe having to get down right into some very hard of hearing patient's ear to speak loudly directly into it to try and communicate...?

Last edited:
Have any of the physicians on here gotten it? I take care of sick people every day at work and still haven’t gotten it. Masks work.

Despite being in a high risk specialty, I didn't get it until the end of January. I am / was fully vaccinated. Masked all day at work and in the OR.

Felt lethargic and intermittently febrile for about two days. Had serious nasal congestion. Mild cough. Was back to work at the recommended shortest interval (I think it was five days then but I can't recall). The lethargy was the only thing lasting more than a few days. So. It was fairly mild. But I was very grateful to be vaccinated.

Speaking with an infectious disease doctor last week gave me some comfort - no one under 20 is really getting the virus (and if they do it's a minor cold), so I feel good about my kids' chances. As for my chances - I'm fairly healthy mid-40s dude with no pre-existing conditions, so I'm not sweating it. It's hard to believe what comes out of China and our media. Wash your hands - you'll be fine. Just my 2 cents.

This dude hasn’t posted since 2020. Did covid get him?

Sneaking in for a second booster today. Don't fit the requirements, but I'm banking on them not caring too much. Going to be flying some for hockey this season, and would like the extra immune bump.

Back