• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I'm down at Isle of Palms. Had business in Myrtle Beach today. Maybe 50% masks in Myrtle, probably less. Pretty good adherence in Mount Pleasant. We had a curfew in Charleston County the past couple of nights. Cops rode down the beach to tell people to go home despite the fact that there were only a couple of people every 50 yards or so. I felt safe.

I'm down at Isle of Palms. Had business in Myrtle Beach today. Maybe 50% masks in Myrtle, probably less. Pretty good adherence in Mount Pleasant. We had a curfew in Charleston County the past couple of nights. Cops rode down the beach to tell people to go home despite the fact that there were only a couple of people every 50 yards or so. I felt safe.

Very happy for you that you feel safe around cops who are enforcing a curfew.

So are we expecting a huge spike in cases due to the protests?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we see video of a cop who tested positive for COVID-19 coughing on protesters.

I was expecting a spike anyway. I think this will be test of the "youngs are invincible" COVID-19 theory. I think spikes will be attributed to protests even though the gains seem to be rural areas.

Yep. No social distancing, few masks, chanting and yelling for hours on end.... if not more by rioting, and well past curfews at that.

Expect also that we'll stay in Phase II for some time to come.

Seems like the initial number of dead the bar was lowered to 12,000 because Trump wanted to compare to Obama, that got blown away, the 200-300,000 number got floated but then reduced to 60,000 as everything was locked down so that seemed "better", that number got blown through and looks like when all is said and done the year of 2020 will be the initial 200-300,000, good job good effort.

200K by Election Day seems like a given.

I don’t think there will be a bar. They’ll just blame the protesters.

Yes, protests could have the potential to be super spreader events. Contact tracing protesters seems impossible and highly unlikely. Some seem to believe everyone will get the virus eventually.

That's a gut punch. Poor kid.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we see video of a cop who tested positive for COVID-19 coughing on protesters.

I was expecting a spike anyway. I think this will be test of the "youngs are invincible" COVID-19 theory. I think spikes will be attributed to protests even though the gains seem to be rural areas.

I mean if we don't see spikes in cases associated with the protests then we need to reevaluate the shut down entirely.

I mean if we don't see spikes in cases associated with the protests then we need to reevaluate the shut down entirely.

Maybe? I went to a rally yesterday and literally don't recall seeing anyone without a mask on. Masks are supposed to be very effective - the issue is what do you do in situations where you can't wear a mask the entire time or where you have people who refuse to do so.

Maybe? I went to a rally yesterday and literally don't recall seeing anyone without a mask on. Masks are supposed to be very effective - the issue is what do you do in situations where you can't wear a mask the entire time or where you have people who refuse to do so.

That certainly seems like the exception from the numerous videos I’ve seen, which appear about 50/50

Very happy for you that you feel safe around cops who are enforcing a curfew.

BREAKING: WHITE MAN FEELS SAFE AROUND COPS

A little more background, I saw the police car coming back up the beach towards me and starting walking back further inland and the cop told another couple to go home and I just kept on walking. The cop rode on down the beach and I continued my sunset walk. Kind of a protest, but really just displaying how savvy I am to avoid a stupid curfew.

Back