• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

My wife's new co-worker reported feeling ill on Monday, could not find anywhere to get a test until Wednesday, won't get test results for 5-7 days. This is not a system designed to minimize the spread of the disease.

It is if you don't want testing to work.

If you don't get tested, you won't be positive.

My wife's new co-worker reported feeling ill on Monday, could not find anywhere to get a test until Wednesday, won't get test results for 5-7 days. This is not a system designed to minimize the spread of the disease.

I don't know whether test results have really slowed down because the system is bogged down, or it is just determined by where you get tested. My daughter was tested 4 times (took a while to get a negative one) and they each came back in under 30 hours.

Several on here have asked about persistent symptoms after COVID, and an article came out today in JAMA to begin to assess this issue. It is from Italy and only looked at people that were sick enough to be hospitalized (on average 13 days). At 2 months after hospitalization, 90% still had symptoms (mainly fatigue, shortness of breath, or chest pain). https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...le_alert-jama&utm_content=olf&utm_term=070920

Several on here have asked about persistent symptoms after COVID, and an article came out today in JAMA to begin to assess this issue. It is from Italy and only looked at people that were sick enough to be hospitalized (on average 13 days). At 2 months after hospitalization, 90% still had symptoms (mainly fatigue, shortness of breath, or chest pain). https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...le_alert-jama&utm_content=olf&utm_term=070920

JAMA is a pretty good journal.

Birdman what’s the best bird journal? Have you published in it?

The Journal of Avian Biology is annually the bird journal with the highest impact factor and no I’ve never published there. My stuff is too applied and decision focused to fit, is what the editors keep telling me. My favorite bird journal is “The Condor: ornithological applications.” The highest impact factor journal I’ve published in is Journal of Applied Ecology, which is somewhere around 5.5.

Daily deaths are now on the way up, as (almost) everyone knew would happen.

The Journal of Avian Biology is annually the bird journal with the highest impact factor and no I’ve never published there. My stuff is too applied and decision focused to fit, is what the editors keep telling me. My favorite bird journal is “The Condor: ornithological applications.” The highest impact factor journal I’ve published in is Journal of Applied Ecology, which is somewhere around 5.5.

Is JJ Redick the editor?

We have figured out a way to stop the virus dead in its tracks in SC by stopping the sale of alcohol after 11pm in bars and restaurants according to a new ordinance that goes into effect tomorrow. Problem solved.

We have figured out a way to stop the virus dead in its tracks in SC by stopping the sale of alcohol after 11pm in bars and restaurants according to a new ordinance that goes into effect tomorrow. Problem solved.

just another freedom taken away thanks to libtards b/c they hate trump

The Dems could take those video quotes above with the date above, number or cases and deaths below and have an effective campaign ad without saying a word. Finish the ad with one statement...Leadership?

The Dems could take those video quotes above with the date above, number or cases and deaths below and have an effective campaign ad without saying a word. Finish the ad with one statement...Leadership?

I think there was an ad like that.

This is why you don’t live in Alabama, I mean you get what you get with the third world.

Back