• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

2&2 Slider To Leyritz

Reaction score
I made the mistake of clicking on the Tunnels Coronavirus thread, in which every other post seems to be about Trump. All politics aside, is this thing as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be? It seems like a more contagious, slightly more powerful, but shorter, version of pneumonia. I'm not sure where that ranks on things to be worried about unless you are over 75 or so or have preexisting respiratory problems. That said, if it is more serious than that then we should definitely take it seriously - but it is difficult to know how much of what the media reports is actually concerning. This gives the smell of their typical pending milkwich snowstorm school closings that ends up being 45 degrees and sunny.

The fact that you can tie bitching about school closings into this makes it my favorite post of the month. Jesus, I love you, man.

Yep, there's no sense trying to keep kids from getting pneumonia.

I made the mistake of clicking on the Tunnels Coronavirus thread, in which every other post seems to be about Trump. All politics aside, is this thing as big of a deal as the media is making it out to be? It seems like a more contagious, slightly more powerful, but shorter, version of pneumonia. I'm not sure where that ranks on things to be worried about unless you are over 75 or so or have preexisting respiratory problems. That said, if it is more serious than that then we should definitely take it seriously - but it is difficult to know how much of what the media reports is actually concerning. This gives the smell of their typical pending milkwich snowstorm school closings that ends up being 45 degrees and sunny.

lol, your shitty party took a colossal dump and this orange asshole seeks confrontation and disruption daily, hourly, with anyone and everyone who will engage - and you are bitching that the Politics board has a lot of Trump threads? lol yeah I love you too

Yeah that thread is full of useful information which happens to include the serious failure of those in charge.

The information reported by the media is a direct consequence of the lousy preparedness of...you guessed it, the government!

i guess he just wants to talk about washing hands and complaining that he has to spend more time with his kids

At least he doesn't have to spend time with the kids of his female employees. Remember, he said that as soon as they max out their maternity leave pay they never come back to work for him. So, he has that going for him.

2&2, if you're looking for someone else to say I'm not going to quit going to the office, and I'm not going to skip church, and I'm not going to wear a mask walking down Tryon, I'm your man. I will, as always, prefer that people not sneeze in my face.

Speaking with an infectious disease doctor last week gave me some comfort - no one under 20 is really getting the virus (and if they do it's a minor cold), so I feel good about my kids' chances. As for my chances - I'm fairly healthy mid-40s dude with no pre-existing conditions, so I'm not sweating it. It's hard to believe what comes out of China and our media. Wash your hands - you'll be fine. Just my 2 cents.

I never really get sick, but got a cold yesterday and am home today. I've been good about washing my hands and using hand sanitizer and all that, but our kid started daycare this week so I'm guessing I caught what he had since he's been stuffy.

It is weird to be sick during this going on because you definitely think about it more.

my company has adopted a blanket no external visitors policy. probably not very relevant here rn, but we have facilities and offices in places like China, northern Italy and Korea so a one size fits all policy is probably best.

A non-political message from the head of the CDC.

Yep, there's no sense trying to keep kids from getting pneumonia.

Interestingly enough it appears kids are less affected, and children under two don't appear to even be contracting the virus.

Very strange.

kids aren't old enough to drink coronas, duh

As a parent of two toddlers, every room in my house and both cars have a bottle of hand sanitizer already present. Suck on that, virus.

As a parent of two toddlers, every room in my house and both cars have a bottle of hand sanitizer already present. Suck on that, virus.

The 20 month old licks her hands every time we give it to her. So she's already an alcoholic, right?

Back